Lindell Wigginton

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Oak Hill's not the worst at hog-play but far from team oriented (big surprise) like your average AAU or JUCO.

It's like every trip down the floor is an audition.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
In watching Wigginton play a few times this year, his game reminds me of KUs Mason. Ultra quick off he dribble and can score at the basket or from 3.

As a fan I like your optimism. Why does next year HAVE to be a lost or transition year. Sure we are transitioning from a Hoiberg/TJ roster to a Prohm recruited roster and won't have some of the iconic players we have gotten familiar with over the past four years.

Guards
Jackson, Wigginton and Babb is a solid group. All 3 can be 8-12 ppg scorers. All 3 can be a primary ballhandler. All 3 can be tough on ball defenders. Any offensive production from Lewis, Long & McNeill is a bonus. I would expect the coaches to go after a wing JUCO or grad transfer proven scorer.

The coaches have some serious recruiting this spring. We need a post scorer- JUCO or grad transfer. Ideally, the kid would also be a rim protector to compliment Soloman Young's physical play.

The group of Carter, Kasonga and Lard might provide the post depth we need. The coaches should have a pretty good idea based on practices this spring. If not, we are in the market for a JUCO or grad transfer.

That roster is lacking name players, but the group of players could create a very competitive team.

Next year certainly isn't written in stone as a rebuilding year, but an awful lot has to go right. I love the pieces we'll have, and it's too early to assess just yet, but I think we have a lot to be excited about.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Next year certainly isn't written in stone as a rebuilding year, but an awful lot has to go right. I love the pieces we'll have, and it's too early to assess just yet, but I think we have a lot to be excited about.
No doubt, that barring anything unforeseen, this team is setting up to be successful in the future.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Dingus

May 23, 2013

Pretty much this. We'll be counting on improvement/freshman at every position, going from one of the oldest teams in the country to one of the youngest. A bubble team would be a fantastic achievement. Will be a fun year, though.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
In watching Wigginton play a few times this year, his game reminds me of KUs Mason. Ultra quick off he dribble and can score at the basket or from 3.

As a fan I like your optimism. Why does next year HAVE to be a lost or transition year. Sure we are transitioning from a Hoiberg/TJ roster to a Prohm recruited roster and won't have some of the iconic players we have gotten familiar with over the past four years.

Guards
Jackson, Wigginton and Babb is a solid group. All 3 can be 8-12 ppg scorers. All 3 can be a primary ballhandler. All 3 can be tough on ball defenders. Any offensive production from Lewis, Long & McNeill is a bonus. I would expect the coaches to go after a wing JUCO or grad transfer proven scorer.

The coaches have some serious recruiting this spring. We need a post scorer- JUCO or grad transfer. Ideally, the kid would also be a rim protector to compliment Soloman Young's physical play.

The group of Carter, Kasonga and Lard might provide the post depth we need. The coaches should have a pretty good idea based on practices this spring. If not, we are in the market for a JUCO or grad transfer.

That roster is lacking name players, but the group of players could create a very competitive team.

Lewis feels like a forgotten man in this class but that kid can play.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It's going to be sad to see Monte Morris leave but at least...

@coreyevans_10 Could see Lindell Wigginton being one of the top minutes played as a freshman next year at Iowa State. College ready + major need

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
based on his tweeting lindell seems to want to be the man.

he's going to get every opportunity to do that next year.

He likely will be "the man" next year. I think he'll be the starting PG, so he will be the court leader. Nearly everything will run through him. I think he's definitely ready for it though. This guy has no fear and is a baller.

My guess for a starting lineup with who we know will be on the roster right now...

1- Lindell
2- Jackson
3- NWB
4- Young/Lewis - just depends on if we want to go big or small
5- Lard - I'm just hoping he's the real deal, we'll need it.

I know many think it will be a down year next year (rebuilding year), and that may be true, but it will sure be exciting to watch IMO. A lot of new guys that we don't know a whole lot about, and it will be fun to see them in action.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I
He likely will be "the man" next year. I think he'll be the starting PG, so he will be the court leader. Nearly everything will run through him. I think he's definitely ready for it though. This guy has no fear and is a baller.

My guess for a starting lineup with who we know will be on the roster right now...

1- Lindell
2- Jackson
3- NWB

I know many think it will be a down year next year (rebuilding year), and that may be true, but it will sure be exciting to watch IMO. A lot of new guys that we don't know a whole lot about, and it will be fun to see them in action.

As of today I expect Wigginton to play off the ball and start a SG with Jackson starting a the point. It would allow him to get his feet wet with out having to run the offense day one.
I also expect Lewis to get more minutes at SF than a lot of people expect. NWB will need to prove he has an outside shot more consistently or he will get minutes at the 4 instead of SF like this year.

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Terrence Lewis needs more love. This guy is a stud and has close to a ready B12 body. Here is my lineup Day 1:

G: Donny Jack
G: Wigginton
G: NWB
G/F: Terrence Lewis
F: Young

Off the bench:
JUCO Forward
Lard
Whoever emerges between J-Long/McNeill

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

1- Lindell
2- Jackson
3- NWB

He will certainly be one of the top players. Jackson has really showed me something this year. He is a great ball handler and has shown the potential to really score when called upon. He'll get called upon for that for sure. Plus, he has some swagger and a bit of a mean streak I think.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

1- Lindell
2- Jackson
3- NWB

Lard getting more minutes than Young? I don't see it. I think it's more likely Lard plays under 20 minutes/game than it is he starts and is the "real deal".

Cross your fingers we sign at least one grad transfer and a couple jucos this offseason.

Last edited:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I

As of today I expect Wigginton to play off the ball and start a SG with Jackson starting a the point. It would allow him to get his feet wet with out having to run the offense day one.
I also expect Lewis to get more minutes at SF than a lot of people expect. NWB will need to prove he has an outside shot more consistently or he will get minutes at the 4 instead of SF like this year.

Unknown-37.jpeg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
He will certainly be one of the top players. Jackson has really showed me something this year. He is a great ball handler and has shown the potential to really score when called upon. He'll get called upon for that for sure. Plus, he has some swagger and a bit of a mean streak I think.

I think he has done a great job of accepting his role on this years team in spite of expectations that he could have had about being a starter with Morris leaving for the NBA. He has played good D and not tried to be "the guy" when he was in. His time will come next year and he has earned it. He's going to be a key piece in my opinion If he just does this in more minutes next year he is going to be really good for us. Also a big opportunity for him to step into the team leader role with Morris and Naz graduating.

*Oops, hijacked the thread a little. :oops:

Reactions: Cyclonepride