ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey guys -

Wow. Long day. I've officially been up 24 straight hours. My guys all have too so thanks to Sam and Mike for their hard work.

I really like the final product but we still have some things to tweak here on the forums. Many of them we know about. Many I'm sure we will learn about here in the coming days. The good news is that the guys who designed and are in charge of these bad boys are some of the top forum guys in the biz. There is nothing we cannot do.

A few things:

1 - I'm already aware of the redundancy of the thread author and the last person to post. We should have that fixed on Saturday.

2 - Early next week, we will have tutorial videos for all of you to watch to learn about new different functions of the forums.

3 - I know everybody hates change. We are humans. But please realize that we had to make this specific change. You want mobile? You want security? We had to do this. So please just give it a week before you judge anything to harshly.

4 - CY BOOKIE IS BACK. Not fully up and running yet but it is installed and ready to go. I just have to learn how to use it, which I will in the coming weeks.

5 - Social groups will be installed on Monday or Tuesday.

Lastly, look around and enjoy. Please, use this thread to report bugs, changes you'd like to see, etc. Some positive comments would be nice too!

Thanks of your support, patience and with that, I'm gonna go get a few hours of sleep before the sun rises.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Posting in the 'proper' thread... the 'go to first unread posts' option on the recent posts page is my first bug.

Thanks for all the hard work!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There seems to be a bug where if you use pgup\pgdown it will suddenly shift your page over horizontally quite a bit.

(Chrome)

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Ha, I was just looking at that too. Seems like there's also ons that spammed a ton of people in, Russian? I think?

Maybe CF is just building a strong foothold in Asia?

Genius to get that market.

If you need any CyBookie mods, I'm here for you. 0 bans in 5 years and 9331 posts.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
can we get a science/ technology forum?

i am a scientist and will be the mod.

thanks
Kinda silly that a renowned engineering school doesnt have a tech forum on their fan site.

Also, just need to test :jimlad:

EDIT: CW, we need the pirate!

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
I like the changes. Seems like the pages load faster. Probably due to better handling of the ads. Software bugs are gong to be found since there are combinations of usage that even automated testing will not uncover.

Chrome on iPad has crashed a few times scrolling down to bottom of thread by swiping. Otherwise keep it up it really looks great.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
:jimlad: is gone....

There's no "thumbs down" option :jimlad: (kinda...is that considered a double jimlad?)

I do really like that I can read the forum without flipping my phone sideways and changing the size of the viewing window.

A couple things, unless I'm missing them:

1. No moji's at all? Thanks kilroy (still wish jimlad was there :()
2. No rep?
3. No "like"

Literally just opened it up, so that's all I have for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.