MLB: Fantasy baseball

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I won three of my five leagues last year by loading up totally on the best pitching available.
I drafted Greinke and Arrieta and those guys were studs all season long. Late season injuries to my hitters is what ultimately doomed my team in the playoffs.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
One final bump. Last chance to sign up. I'll PM everyone either tonight or tomorrow.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Some of you haven't joined the league yet. I think six of the spots haven't been taken. If you received that PM from me make sure you join the league on your own or PM me for an email invite. I'd like to get the league filled up ASAP so we can change the draft time if needed.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Still five spots left. If the people who received the initial PM haven't joined by tomorrow afternoon (it's been a week now) I'll PM those of you who commented recently and it'll just be first-come, first-serve since I'm not sure how many spots will still be open at that point.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Not sure if there is another thread for the officials season or not.

Draft is set for tomorrow for the 15 that are in.

Wouldn't hate having one more if we could get one.

Also wouldn't hate if anyone who felt they won't be too active in this left. :)

- 2015 CF Fantasy Baseball Champion

Hoiball92

Apr 23, 2015
Des Moines
Aaron you want to move the draft back 2 hours? I going to play some bball tomorrow at city hall and open gym starts at 6:45

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Not sure if there is another thread for the officials season or not.

Draft is set for tomorrow for the 15 that are in.

Wouldn't hate having one more if we could get one.

Also wouldn't hate if anyone who felt they won't be too active in this left. :)

- 2015 CF Fantasy Baseball Champion

15 team league? That sounds like a long slog.

I got through last year but I just can't get excited for fantasy baseball anymore.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Aaron you want to move the draft back 2 hours? I going to play some bball tomorrow at city hall and open gym starts at 6:45
To change the draft time, someone (anyone in the league could do this) would have to start a referendum on the league website. You can pick a new draft time and if enough people vote in favor of it, the draft time changes.

Sorry my man, but no, I'm not going to start a referendum because you want to shoot hoops tomorrow night. I know you need all the practice in the world but tomorrow isn't the night for it.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
6:30 works perfectly for me, so there's one vote against your potential referendum BDK.

Also, an 8:30 draft for a league with 16 teams would go pretty late. Sorry man, but the earlier the better.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Marner, any way we can change rosters?

If I had to choose we would have just 3 starting outfielders and the regular 4 infielders, no third 2B/SS and third 1B/3B. And no utility.

Just a regular 8 position players with 9 pitchers and a total of 5-6 bench players would be prime, IMO.

Otherwise, someone can stack up on first basemen or third basemen and start three of them.

Or it gets to the point where if you basically don't put anyone in some starting positions because they will actually hurt your team more than help because nearly 375-400 players are going to be drafted in this thing.