Cincy and the Big 12

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I now wish we took Louisville,

of course--it would of been great taking Florida St and Clemson 3 years ago when it was a very outside possibility

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Interesting article. Sounds like Boren is not going to let up and is trying to build his case for expansion. I wonder how new leadership at Texas will view things. There may be a lot of behind the scenes positioning at the May meeting.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I like the idea of Cincinnati because that is where Coach Campbell is recruiting. Having a Big 12 team in Ohio helps.

I don't think it does. I could see where it would give players a chance to play back home one every other year, but then why not just stay home and play in the Big XII at Cincy? I think players would choose Cincy over us if conference was equal.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
If we really have to expand, I like the idea of adding Cincy and UCONN if they are willing to take a hit financially as this article suggests. Cincy for that Ohio footprint Matt Campbell recruiting ground as a previous poster suggested, and UCONN was discussed in an article referenced in a previous post because they have a huge NYC following if I remember correctly? Be two good adds for BB.

I really wish all conferences would just go back to being smaller though. I love our BB schedule. I don't care how much Hawk fans talk about their record, they know deep down their schedule is totally watered down in both FB and BB. It's no fluke that their best records and rankings historically came directly following the watering down of their conference.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
If they are willing to accept less money initially then I'm all for it. Go after UCONN also and Big 12 would be hard to break up in the future

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
If they are willing to accept less money initially then I'm all for it. Go after UCONN also and Big 12 would be hard to break up in the future

I think all teams that join a new conference take less from the conference the first 3 or so years. I don't think WVU and TCU got full shares until this year, maybe last.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I now wish we took Louisville,

of course--it would of been great taking Florida St and Clemson 3 years ago when it was a very outside possibility

Personally, I'm glad we don't have the Louisville and Pitino scandal to deal with....

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I don't think it does. I could see where it would give players a chance to play back home one every other year, but then why not just stay home and play in the Big XII at Cincy? I think players would choose Cincy over us if conference was equal.

It would absolutely help recruiting. And Campell's goal is to build a program that Ohio kids would choose over Cinci.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
What would be everyone's personal preference if we expanded? Cinci and Louisville?

Cincy and BYU football only. Avoid the scheduling headaches with BYU basketball & keep round robin with eleven members. Nine game conference schedule in football continues where you only dodge two schools from the opposite division every two years.

Cincy
ISU
KU
KSU
TCU
WVU

Baylor
BYU
OU
Okie Lite
Texa$
Tx Tech