Recruit Lists v2.0

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
Well either way we won't find out anything up to the middle of either week, so so what some media got the weekends wrong.

Last edited:

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
If Prohm could convince Norvell to come on board, that would be the most impressive verbal to date for me. Malou was obviously huge, but getting a foot in the door in Chicago and landing a kid with that offer list with four years would be huge for Prohm. Would be a "splash" type signing given his ranking and would solidify the guard court for years to come with Jackson, Cooke, Long and Norvell. Then we could sell any big man transfer or late blooming big man that would be available in the spring that we have legit talent with front court playing time up for grabs yet. A mid year transfer big man would be ideal. One that could practice this year and play conference time next year.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Im not sure if you follow basketball but getting Malou is big and missing out on all of them not sure who was higher then malou and carter was a great pick.

Talking about 2016. We missed on Horne, Curry, Cook, and White.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
Article was 10-6 and Norvell said he was visiting Florida state "next week." I just went with this weekend like you cuz hines kept insisting it was the case.

It may not have but the Illinois prep guys definitely said he was visiting this weekend and it made at least one FSU recruiting update last week. No matter, seems as if he didn't.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Article was 10-6 and Norvell said he was visiting Florida state "next week." I just went with this weekend like you cuz hines kept insisting it was the case.

I didn't use Hines at all. The Illinois guys are usually right...not this time. Hines referenced a different Illinois source, actually. It was also in a story about FSU's recruiting weekend which probably used the same incorrect source.

Your "next week" statement is probably what caused the confusion regardless of source.

http://ilprepbullseye.com/Oct_9-11_Visitors.html

Last edited:

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
http://www.prephoopsillinois.com/news_article/show/561449?referrer_id=1201274

Hines used source I just linked. It's dated 10-6 and clearly says he is visiting Fsu "next week" as in this weekend coming up now. Except he interpreted incorrectly and everyone ran with it.

I didn't use Hines at all. The Illinois guys are usually right...not this time. Hines referenced a different Illinois source, actually. It was also in a story about FSU's recruiting weekend which probably used the same incorrect source.

Your "next week" statement is probably what caused the confusion regardless of source.

http://ilprepbullseye.com/Oct_9-11_Visitors.html

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
To be fair, I believe they were referring to the 2016 class. While we'll most likely move Malou around the front court, he is a SF and I wouldn't group him with our PF target's we were after or still have as targets.

Malou is 6'9". He is a FORWARD. Getting hung up on whether he is called a 3 or 4 is pointless. We don't recruit that way and honestly haven't really played that way in several years.

I'd be excited if we ended up signing both Norvell and Moore with our last two known open for 2016. We could really use that HS PG assuming Monte leaves after this year, and might as well take one now if he is interested. Would have loved to get one of those forwards we missed out on as well, but we didn't. If we miss on one or both of these guards this fall, I suspect we are going to look at a forward prospect this spring or watch the transfer market for whatever shakes out.

I would love a forward now but I don't see it as a MUST for the makeup of the team as some apparently do. We are going to have several 6'4" "guards" in the first scenario and that would be a really tough roster for opponents to guard. And they will be more than fine guarding the other way. That is all that matters to me.

With what we already have in the fold, I don't think there is a scenario where we lose from here, assuming they all sign as expected. 2 more guards, 1 guard one forward, doesn't matter. Best players available is how I look at it.

If we sign all guards to finish out, likely the 2017 offers are going to heavily weight toward forwards. It's all the same, I just want the best players we can find, and I think we can win with the forwards we already know about.

Last edited:

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Malou is 6'9". He is a FORWARD. Getting hung up on whether he is called a 3 or 4 is pointless. We don't recruit that way and honestly haven't really played that way in several years.

I'd be excited if we ended up signing both Norvell and Moore with our last two known open for 2016. We could really use that HS PG assuming Monte leaves after this year, and might as well take one now if he is interested. Would have loved to get one of those forwards we missed out on as well, but we didn't. If we miss on one or both of these guards this fall, I suspect we are going to look at a forward prospect this spring or watch the transfer market for whatever shakes out.

I would love a forward now but I don't see it as a MUST for the makeup of the team as some apparently do. We are going to have several 6'4" "guards" in the first scenario and that would be a really tough roster for opponents to guard. And they will be more than fine guarding the other way. That is all that matters to me.

With what we already have in the fold, I don't think there is a scenario where we lose from here, assuming they all sign as expected. 2 more guards, 1 guard one forward, doesn't matter. Best players available is how I look at it.

If we sign all guards to finish out, likely the 2017 offers are going to heavily weight toward forwards. It's all the same, I just want the best players we can find, and I think we can win with the forwards we already know about.

We are about versatility. Malou can and has played the 3-5. He will be a 3 in the NBA. We will put the best combos out their to help us win depending on who we play and as always will change throughout the game. If we can play Malou at the #3 a lot it means we have a couple bad *** p-forwards and that would be a really great thing in terms of our potential success. I think the starting line up will have Burton at 3 Malou at 4 and Carter/or tbd at the 5 in 2016. Who knows though.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX

i don't see any chance we sign 3 freshman guards , nor see 3 freshman guards wanting to sign... If we get Norvell or Moore, that would be great and likely it for guards ( maybe freshman, as Prohm said 3 freshman is about what he was after and than juco/transfers to prevent another year like this where we have SO many scholarships to fill in the future)

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
None of those i honestly really cared about. Now Simpson i did but none of these guys. Not being bitter either. None of them wowed me at all

You should have cared about Romello White. He's going to be very good. Top 80 recruit too.

Arlando Cook too. We definitely could have used him next year. Totally different player than Malou.

If Carter is the real deal, then these misses aren't as big obviously.

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
i don't see any chance we sign 3 freshman guards , nor see 3 freshman guards wanting to sign... If we get Norvell or Moore, that would be great and likely it for guards ( maybe freshman, as Prohm said 3 freshman is about what he was after and than juco/transfers to prevent another year like this where we have SO many scholarships to fill in the future)

With Long in the fold, the priority imo is Moore. A true top PG commit to transition next year and step in for Monte and w/Jackson the year after is obviously a priority of Prohm (after losing Nick N.). Norrell would be a coup for the staff but, due to ISU current depth at SG/SF positions isn't the need it was 2 weeks ago.

As for projecting the roster, it is fun to speculate now but hard to identify exactly what will be needed going into the 2016-17 season. All schools see a lot of fluidity due to injury's, transfers due to recruiting over, and possible pro declarations. The staff should take the best talent available even if it is 3 freshman guards and look at filling in any roster deficiencies next spring/summer with transfers or late de-commits much like the did with Carter.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I apologize i did care a little about white, but wasnt heart broken by him. He never seemed to be really interested in us from how it appeared

I was just giving you a hard time. I agree he never seemed that real to me.

Canceling visits and then committing to Georgia Tech before ever leaving the state of Georgia.....

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

This. I'd have no problem with all three but the chances are hovering around 0%.