RECRUITING: Some Xavier Simpson info

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I doubt Strong visiting has anything to do with it ( that has been scheduled for awhile), but the combination of Jackson committing and Monte's Sr year a question mark probably killed us.....

makes getting a freshman for 2017 imperative, or a younger sit out transfer key ( especially if Strong commits) as we have to have someone groomed for the future ( and another judo transfer may be unlikely if we have 2 SR Pgs ahead of them in 2017...

He's no guarantee to play big minutes at any of the places in the mix.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
He's no guarantee to play big minutes at any of the places in the mix.

Please, look at the competition at Illinois, and UW would probably run a Koenig and Simpson back court...here he would struggle to see the court if Monte comes back ( with Thomas and Cook at 2 guard)...

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Please, look at the competition at Illinois, and UW would probably run a Koenig and Simpson back court...here he would struggle to see the court if Monte comes back ( with Thomas and Cook at 2 guard)...

I completely disagree, you haven't a clue as to his court time at any of the schools.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
I completely disagree, you haven't a clue as to his court time at any of the schools.
And I completely disagree... I actually have a client I work with in Ohio who knows his dad, and he has told him immediate playing time Is very important...I think my scenario is probably pretty damn on spot on....but you just go on and disagree, as it's more fun that way....

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
And I completely disagree... I actually have a client I work with in Ohio who knows his dad, and he has told him immediate playing time Is very important...I think my scenario is probably pretty damn on spot on....but you just go on and disagree, as it's more fun that way....

Immediate playing time is important to a recruit? That is so strange.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We really don't know what the staff has told him, or what he is thinking. Based on what I know we know, from Twitter and other quotes, I don't see any reason that we wouldn't at least be in the running. Wisconsin seems to be a strong contender based on their tradition, and Illinois might hold sway over him, but we have some real advantages too.

For all we know, he could have been told that Monte is almost certainly going pro and he can share time with Donovan at the point, with Donovan playing some 2 as well. It's almost all conjecture and opinion as all we know is that he seemed to enjoy all three visits.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
We really don't know what the staff has told him, or what he is thinking. Based on what I know we know, from Twitter and other quotes, I don't see any reason that we wouldn't at least be in the running. Wisconsin seems to be a strong contender based on their tradition, and Illinois might hold sway over him, but we have some real advantages too.

For all we know, he could have been told that Monte is almost certainly going pro and he can share time with Donovan at the point, with Donovan playing some 2 as well. It's almost all conjecture and opinion as all we know is that he seemed to enjoy all three visits.
There is some info behind pay walls that would make it not conjecture. Those saying he isn't coming have more than a hunch to go on. It is a 2 man race and we are no longer running.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Your sarcasm is amusing, but understand the discussion...this is why you can count on him not coming here....

Iowa State fans seem to have a problem of over valuing our own players and under valuing opposing players or recruits. If Simpson is good enough he'd play for us. Reminds me of some of the folks that thought Diallo would come off the bench for us.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Iowa State fans seem to have a problem of over valuing our own players and under valuing opposing players or recruits. If Simpson is good enough he'd play for us. Reminds me of some of the folks that thought Diallo would come off the bench for us.

We would have found a way for Georges, Diallo and McKay to play heavy minutes together at the same time. A lot of it is people wanting to assign 1-5 to each player.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

No it isnt what we think, it is him doing the math. He isnt a top 20 recruit so the Diallo comparison is dumb. The combo of a good juco pg already in board, a possible Monte and Prohm saying he would still take Strong a regardless of Simpson plus multiple veterans at the 2 (Cooke, Thomas, Babb) is enough for him to know their is a decent chance minutes could be tough to come by in year one. It isn't rocket science.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If there really is playing time available for Simpson at Wisconsin then it's a good choice for him. If he picks Illinois because of playing time I'm guessing that he becomes someone that transfers because they are tired of playing in the NIT.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
Iowa State fans seem to have a problem of over valuing our own players and under valuing opposing players or recruits. If Simpson is good enough he'd play for us. Reminds me of some of the folks that thought Diallo would come off the bench for us?.

Let me clarify, i am not saying he would not play...I am saying he will not come here as he feels he will have a better chance of getting major minutes somewhere else.....I have said before I think ISU is the best place for him, as if MM does come back he can learn from an All American, and if he doesn't , he has a chance to start....but it appears he does not want to take a chance of MM returning, and wants to go somewhere where the family feels he can has a better chance of major contribution ( we are the only team with a JR AA point guard who is not considered to be a first round draft pick by most experts if he leaves).

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
This reminds me of all the people here who insisted Fred would never leave before this season, even with every sign possible showing different..... Move on, we can focus somewhere else ( ideally a 4 star 2017 PG)....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron