Bigger issue with DeJean-Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Its college basketball in 2014. Not 1975. If he is eligible until late April and gets his grades and keeps us in good standing. Im ok with that. His major in college is basketball. Some choose engineering or become a doctor. Elite athletes choose sports. The sooner people realize athletes are not going to college to further their sports careers the better. Not everyone is going to be the best team mate. Michael Jordan was a jerk. Tom Brady is a jerk. However they can ball and gets wins. If bdj gets us further in the tourny. Then that is all i really care about. Win a national title and and all is forgivin. Sorry for the spelling and grammar.

Bill Walton disagrees with you here.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
What I think stinks about this is that the noise was an issue on 5 separate occasions and nobody outside of CFH, the neighbor and the police were the wiser or cared. Then this morning he gets hauled to jail in cuffs, the media throws his mugshot everywhere and all of a sudden its a huge deal. My gut reaction when I read "drug house" was that he was gonna be kicked off the team. Turns out that the Ames PD did a bunch of stuff wrong, he shouldn't have been arrested, and the only legit charge is a noise complaint. But you can't turn back the PR clock, so then it's like CFH is in a crap position. This whole deal smells like ****.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
So wise, but so old....man.

So are you saying that people who are "young" think it's ok to have repeated run ins with the cops? It's not like I don't get what it's like to be in college. I was more into partying than school. However, how many times do the cops have to intervene before he changes his actions? Go have fun, but don't get in trouble with the law especially if you've been warned repeatedly. That's not some grumpy old man attitude it's f'ing common sense!

Last edited:
Reactions: isulive2train

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Maybe CPR told the kid to turn in BDJ. It has been a day on CF without a bunch of complaining about the football coach or players. A welcome distraction for CPR I am sure .:psmile:

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Well if they didn't take the reading from the right/legal spot, then you can bet BDJ's attorney will be all over that.

Yea. But like I said, I just was reading the ordinance. Couldn't find any exceptions - but didn't look either. I image that curb thing is for a house. But if your blaring music inside a 50 unit apartment, and not the sole occupant of the bldg - they'd have to look at it in other ways I'd think

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
This is something. Something unique and something that no one has said before. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Yea. But like I said, I just was reading the ordinance. Couldn't find any exceptions - but didn't look either. I image that curb thing is for a house. But if your blaring music inside a 50 unit apartment, and not the sole occupant of the bldg - they'd have to look at it in other ways I'd think

Yeah I have no idea. I imagine an apartment would be a unique case where they go up to the individual unit and check.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
A lot of great basketball players were great teammates and were also d!cks. I don't care if BDJ is a **** as long as he is good as basketball and is a good teammate.

As long as he is on the right side of the law who cares.

He's got to stop allowing weed in his apartment or stop doing things to make the cops come to his apt, either one works. That's it.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
A lot of great basketball players were great teammates and were also d!cks. I don't care if BDJ is a **** as long as he is good as basketball and is a good teammate.

As long as he is on the right side of the law who cares.

He's got to stop allowing weed in his apartment or stop doing things to make the cops come to his apt, either one works. That's it.

I *thought* I was going to disagree with you based on the first paragraph, but the 3rd paragraph nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.