Another Malaysia airlines crash?

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I am gonna bet this one was shot down. Eastern Ukraine is not a good place to be flying over given the Russians are already shooting down Ukrainian fighter jets that are flying over the Ukraine.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
It is just speculation that it was shot down. If it was I think this just allows Russia to enter into Ukraine for "humanitarian purposes". I would be and wouldn't be surprised if it was shot down.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
for serious? Do they know the primary nationality of those on board? Cause that seems like a great way to start a war.

Actually if there are heat seeking missiles being launched, it probably is just an unfortunate situation.
It would be very hard to mistake a commercial flight for a fighter, given how transponders work etc. But if there were missiles launched at some other target and it this flight was in the area, they pretty much are screwed.

It is very uncommon for planes to come down in mid flight, unless weather related or somebody on board sabotages the plane.

Pretty high probability this was shot down, but I don't think it was intentionally targeted.

Malayasia Airlines is pretty much screwed no matter what, 2 flights in less than 6 months does not matter what happened, nobody is gonna want to board their planes.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
if true, what a horrible year for Malaysia Airlines (well, either way), but to lose passengers to freak occurrences like this? They'll be destroyed by this and it's not even their fault.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
for serious? Do they know the primary nationality of those on board? Cause that seems like a great way to start a war.

Just watching NBC - the reports are coming from Interior Ministry of Ukraine. So it could just be a smear campaign against Russia. No real word on WHO may have fired said missile. Looking at the flight track they show on screen - it appears to have been a ways away from the Russia border.

There is a video of smoke rising in the distance.

Who knows.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Conspiracy Theorists - Let's here them.

Russia shot down MH370 and sent it into the sea when they wanted it on land. Had to try it again to get a war started?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Actually if there are heat seeking missiles being launched, it probably is just an unfortunate situation.
It would be very hard to mistake a commercial flight for a fighter, given how transponders work etc. But if there were missiles launched at some other target and it this flight was in the area, they pretty much are screwed.

It is very uncommon for planes to come down in mid flight, unless weather related or somebody on board sabotages the plane.

Pretty high probability this was shot down, but I don't think it was intentionally targeted.

I'm not saying it was intentional, but if you are say, China, and 50 of your people were shot down due to Russia's little game of Risk, you aren't going to be amused.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm not saying it was intentional, but if you are say, China, and 50 of your people were shot down due to Russia's little game of Risk, you aren't going to be amused.

I would imagine there was probably at least one American aboard. Think things are tense with Russia now....look out.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

It may give reason for the Chinese to enter Russia for "non-humanitarian" purposes...

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
How is shooting down a plane not intentional?

Korean Airlines.....

Ukraine is now blaming separtists.

Also - flight was Amsterdam to Kuala Lampur

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron