Release: SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR SOUTH END ZONE PROJECT RELEASED

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm thrilled that the response has been so positive. That's really all that matters...but the outside is glass...glass. Nebraska, KSU, OSU, pretty much everyone builds awesome stone entrances and we get a second coming of the Jacobson building. Ahh, I'm just disappointed. I thought the 2008 renderings were amazing, can't say I'm in love with what was released today. That said I'm sure I'll love everything when I walk in fall of 15'.

While I understand that, what they went with is what we can afford, and the design will mach the design language we have going on in the area. Aka Jacobson and Bergstrom Complex. If you did something too radical with stone, it would look really out of place with the Jake and the rest of Jack Trice being concrete. You'd need to do a whole new facade and that would be very expensive

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
The interior rendering is just not very good. I'm surprised it was released with the others, which are well done. Looking forward the video fly-through.

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
I'm thrilled that the response has been so positive. That's really all that matters...but the outside is glass...glass. Nebraska, KSU, OSU, pretty much everyone builds awesome stone entrances and we get a second coming of the Jacobson building. Ahh, I'm just disappointed. I thought the 2008 renderings were amazing, can't say I'm in love with what was released today. That said I'm sure I'll love everything when I walk in fall of 15'.

the the glass design will integrate well with the Reiman Garden architecture.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

So you wont be buying club seats, I take it?

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Not going to happen.

I'm sure it was at least mentioned, because there was talk about how the seating sections presently occupied by the students were more valuable than end zone seats. This may have been 5 years ago, but I'm 99% sure it was discussed.

And I'm not suggesting this is what will happen now, with the current plan, especially considering the club being located there etc.. I just didn't know if it was possible students would be relocated to the corners perhaps?

H

HGPuck

It was discussed by fans on here, but confirmed by the AD that they won't be moving or at least that's not the plan. The only thing I could see being moved is the visitors section.
I'm sure it was at least mentioned, because there was talk about how the seating sections presently occupied by the students were more valuable than end zone seats. This may have been 5 years ago, but I'm 99% sure it was discussed.

And I'm not suggesting this is what will happen now, with the current plan, especially considering the club being located there etc.. I just didn't know if it was possible students would be relocated to the corners perhaps?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

It was talked about a couple months ago after they got the donation, and it was a possibility. But now that they revealed that club seats would take up a good portion of that area, I can't see the students moving anytime soon.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It was discussed by fans on here, but confirmed by the AD that they won't be moving or at least that's not the plan. The only thing I could see being moved is the visitors section.
I really hope they do move the visitors section to one of the upper corners. Just about every other team gives their visitors the worst sections in the stadium but ISU has their visitor section in the lower bowl.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012

I'd rather we make a unique, modern look than try and compete using the same materials against schools with much more money backing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron