Who will get Myles Turner?

JackCyclone

Jan 31, 2013
Big 12 contenders for #2 overall recruit are Texas, Kansas, and Ok State.

Arizona, Duke, and Ohio State in the mix as well

Texas is said to be the favorite

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I'll vote Texas. Hope he goes to Ohio State..lol

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Texas would be pretty scary next year with him. He, Ridley, Holes and Ibeh is a pretty good frontline, with Felix, Taylor, Croaker at guard...that's a pretty solid team.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Next year, Iowa State and Texas have a real shot at knocking Kansas off the Big 12 Title throne. Right now, I think if Texas lands Turner, they have the talent that can definitely win it all, and they seem to always give us fits no matter how talented they are.

If Kansas doesn't get him, they won't be that crazy freaky team they seem to always have. They'll have Cliff Alexander, but I'd put any of our big guys next year up against him any day.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Multiple MBB reporters have tweeted it is down to Kansas and Texas. ISU will be faceing him at least twice next year. My guess is as a Longhorn.

hrD0nSsZ_normal.jpeg
Evan Daniels
@EvanDaniels
· 1h

Source close to the Myles Turner recruitment says: "It's Texas or Kansas."

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I think it's KU... Pretty easy to sell the big man success KU has had and playing time available. Hope he goes to SMU.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
If Kansas doesn't get him, they won't be that crazy freaky team. They'll have Cliff Alexander, but I'd put any of our big guys next year up against him any day.

Twocoach's face as he reads this would be priceless. Ummm....Sir, your KU vein protruding out of your head. Please calm down, and continue beating yourSelf.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Twocoach's face as he reads this would be priceless. Ummm....Sir, your KU vein protruding out of your head. Please calm down, and continue beating yourSelf.
it was laughter, not anger, that occurred when I read that. Cliff Alexander is going to be pretty good next year. Any big from ISU? I'd take that action all day.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
My gut says Texas or KUMy heart wants him in Arizona or Ohio St
My gut says Texas. If he is only going to stick around for a year, there really isn't that much difference. Texas will be a contender; Kansas will be a contender. I'd take Self and staff over Barnes and staff but in a one year gig that may not make that much of a difference to him. If he was looking at a longer stay then the training staff at KU would probably be better equipped to get him ready for the NBA in my opinion. Andrea Hudy is the best in the business. Playing close to home has come up repeatedly in his comments so anything not Texas would surprise me at this point. We'll know at 3pm.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
it was laughter, not anger, that occurred when I read that. Cliff Alexander is going to be pretty good next year. Any big from ISU? I'd take that action all day.
I'll take Niang wasting any KU big not named Embiid any day as well brother...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

You had to say his name didn't you?

He's like Beetleguise. Apparently you only have to say it once though.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Then you'd take ONE ISU big guy against Alexander, not ANY.
I think Jameel McKay will hold his own against your bigs as well... And we all found out what Dustin Hogue is capable of against an Embiid-less KU front line in the XII tourney last year too.