Ordering Bank Checks

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I'm about out of checks for my checking account and last time I ordered through Checks Unlimited it seemed like the box size had gotten smaller and the cost higher. Have been looking around a bit and noticed Wal Mart seems to have some good values. Wondering if anybody has had experience with them and how has it gone? Also any ideas on other sites to go to? Certainly security is important on this.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
do you still get check with the carbon copy? That i know costs people a lot now-a-days.

Nope. Single checks. I think box cost $20 at the local bank(I'm in the interest bearing account, so maybe that's why they charge). Can buy at least 2 to 3 boxes of checks from outside vendors for that.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I do for rent.

That's it.

Hate it when people write checks at stores. Join the 21st century and get a damn debit card

Oh I do (however I avoid debit cards and use credit cards). I just write checks at home. Have not jumped on the electronic transfer out of bank account bandwagon partially because I like to look at the bills and feel it helps me control spending.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Rent,
Feed Bills,
and whenever I pay a bill (Medical, Insurance, that type of stuff) because I feel like I can hold on to my money just a little longer.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm about out of checks for my checking account and last time I ordered through Checks Unlimited it seemed like the box size had gotten smaller and the cost higher. Have been looking around a bit and noticed Wal Mart seems to have some good values. Wondering if anybody has had experience with them and how has it gone? Also any ideas on other sites to go to? Certainly security is important on this.
I bought some online from Walmart about a year ago and had no problems. I'd use them again.

dcxme1183

Jan 31, 2010
Minneapolis
Oh I do (however I avoid debit cards and use credit cards). I just write checks at home. Have not jumped on the electronic transfer out of bank account bandwagon partially because I like to look at the bills and feel it helps me control spending.
I get that, but I'm still paperless. EFT doesn't have to be automatic.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Going to have to do this soon...had not thought of wal mart.

Sadly we still have a couple of bills that dont have online pay options.

I do have a family member though that does use credit/debit cards nearly all of the time but I have seen them take a three ring binder of checks to stores. They also have never used an ATM...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron