Most absurd foul ever

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Stupid rule and even dumber that if he would have done it 2 seconds earlier it wouldn't have been a technical. Apparently you can't do it within 20 minutes of game time and he did it with 19:58 on the clock.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Not absurd at all. What is absurd is the K-State player didn't know the rules.

Lol, so any time a coach leaves the box(20 times per game) they should also call a T. Give a warning like every other case and call it good. Ridiculous that this gets called in a tourney game.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Lol, so any time a coach leaves the box(20 times per game) they should also call a T. Give a warning like every other case and call it good. Ridiculous that this gets called in a tourney game.

Or perhaps the players and coaches should familiarize themselves with the rule book.

Rules may be ridiculous, but they're still rules.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm not sure I'd even want to take those free throws if I were the Kentucky coach. So we've seen Kansas score a field goal during a deadball and we've seen Kentucky score a point before the game.

I'm sure North Carolina Central University will get a break like this sometime, because it's all just random right?

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
stupid rule, stupid enforcement. :02 after the rule comes into play? What, was the ref sitting there watching them dunk, waiting for the clock to cross the 20:00 mark? stupid. stupid. stupid. I would feel really bad about myself if I made that call. It cheapens the whole game.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I have to say I'm happy with the refs in the tourney. They know and call the rules. Not like conf season.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I think it's a stupid rule and shouldn't be a foul, but I can't blame the refs for calling it.

Since the warm ups at the beginning of the game are at the end of the court where the opponent finishes the game, a player could hang on the rim and bend it out of alignment so that their opponent had a wonky basket to shoot at in the end of the game. I get the rule but I think a warning would have sufficed since it wasn't the whole team out there doing it repeatedly.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Since the warm ups at the beginning of the game are at the end of the court where the opponent finishes the game, a player could hang on the rim and bend it out of alignment so that their opponent had a wonky basket to shoot at in the end of the game. I get the rule but I think a warning would have sufficed since it wasn't the whole team out there doing it repeatedly.
I think what makes this ridiculous is that you can dunk until 20 minutes before game time and anything after that is a technical. Those two seconds in this case probably didn't make much of a difference, except the refs felt like boning K State before the game even started.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Actually, I'd like to nominate the flagrant foul called on OSU's Nash yesterday. That was the most absurd call ever.