Bubu Thread

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Re: Register Exclusive: ISU asks Supreme Court to keep Palo off men's basketball team

The Iowa Attorney General’s Office, representing the state’s Board of Regents, filed a motion today for an immediate stay of a recent district court decision that ordered Iowa State University to allow Palo to rejoin its basketball team.

Needs bolded. Not Iowa State. BOR.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Re: Register Exclusive: ISU asks Supreme Court to keep Palo off men's basketball team

He's been treated differently than other athletes under the same circumstances, and it's easily arguable that Albert Gary's situation was much more serious. Everybody has a right to seek justice. ISU is digging in and this is going to end very badly.

Thats my biggest question. Even if they think Bubu is guilty of a conduct violation, where were they when Gary was allowed to play? I even supported his playing as i felt the court should be where it ended but if we're doing this then certainly someone convicted of a felony ON CAMPUS shouldve been kicked off.

Spam

May 21, 2008

So who is the attorney general representing?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

This may indirectly cost this state Fred Hoiberg. I hope they realize that.

johnstoncy

Oct 18, 2006
Johnston
www.rtsports.com

The Iowa Attorney General’s Office, representing the state’s Board of Regents, filed a motion today for an immediate stay of a recent district court decision that ordered Iowa State University to allow Palo to rejoin its basketball team.

Needs bolded. Not Iowa State. BOR.

THIS ^^

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006

It isn't the University that is appealing this. It isn't Leath nor Jamie P. It is the Attorney General who is appealing on behalf of the Board of Regents. Doesn't change the team distraction impact, but we can lay of the comments attacking the ISU admin.

This mess was created by Leathe and now it's spinning out of even his control, or is it? Seems like he and the BOR have been pretty close on this. Maybe it will come out at the trial.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA

I understand legal issues take time, but seriously. If they wanted him gone they could have taken away his scholarship in the summer when they had the chance. As far as I'm concerned, Leath is the ******* in all this.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Thats my biggest question. Even if they think Bubu is guilty of a conduct violation, where were they when Gary was allowed to play? I even supported his playing as i felt the court should be where it ended but if we're doing this then certainly someone convicted of a felony ON CAMPUS shouldve been kicked off.

Or what about David Irving? Who cares if the charges were dropped against Irving, they were also dropped against Bubu too.

Something really fishy going on here. Someone with big pockets is influencing this decision somewhere. Unless it's just that these guys big egos are hurt and they don't like feeling that some of their power was taken from them.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

At this point this has nothing to do with Bubu. It is all about precedence. The BOR do not want to leave this out there with a court superceding their decision. It would make any future presidential judgments open to review.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale

There's got to be some big donor or influential person pulling some strings. Maybe the dad or other relative of the girl?

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

I emailed Bryce Miller about the misleading article title.

Got a quick response:

Yes. I saw that, as well, and ask our web team to update that headline.

====

Bryce Miller
Sports columnist
Des Moines Register
400 Locust St., Suite 500
Des Moines, IA, 50309
(515) 284-8288
Twitter: @Bryce_A_Miller

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames

Ok I'll plead ignorant but if someone could enlighten me I would appreciate the answer to this question. How did Bubu violate THEE code of conduct when all charges were dismissed?

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

This distraction isn't even worth it. Fred needs to be focusing on getting this team out of this funk, not this ********.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Can somebody change the thread title to "BOR" not "ISU"?

Maybe the BOR just really hates how well ISU started the season and is trying to cause distractions...

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006

There's also the David Irving situation, who was allowed to play even before his charges were dismissed. BuBu wasn't allowed to play until after the charges were dismissed, and now that they have been dismissed, he's been kicked off by Leath after he was already back on the team. This is a plaintiff attorney's dream come true.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006

Someone really doesn't want him playing basketball anymore.

Someone (entity) doesn't want judges deciding who should and shouldn't be on a team. I think this is just as much about future rulings as it is this one.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

At this point this has nothing to do with Bubu. It is all about precedence. The BOR do not want to leave this out there with a court superceding their decision. It would make any future presidential judgments open to review.

To be honest, they should be open to it. ISU isnt a private institution, its a part of the State.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Can somebody change the thread title to "BOR" not "ISU"?

Maybe the BOR just really hates how well ISU started the season and is trying to cause distractions...

Yes, this. I just cut/pasted from the web. Title should be changing there soon. Let's get it changed on CF as well.

Mods?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

This may indirectly cost this state Fred Hoiberg. I hope they realize that.

People will mock this statement, but it is DEAD on.

Does everyone seriously understand how damaging this would be to future recruiting at ISU in all sports? What recruit would want to come here when Bubu comes out and tells the world how at ISU you can be falsely accused of something, have the charges dropped, have a judge side with you, and the school STILL won't let you play anymore.

Goodbye Fred! It was nice having you here for the short while you were.