Emmanuel Malou

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
What can anyone tell me about Emmanuel Malou, I saw something on twitter that he will likely commit to iowa state. But when you google him there is hardly anything on him.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
What can anyone tell me about Emmanuel Malou, I saw something on twitter that he will likely commit to iowa state. But when you google him there is hardly anything on him.

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMalou

Tweets

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I would love to have this kid. I just don't want it to be one of those situations where at the last minute he doesn't make it to campus. Or he makes it to campus and is ineligible half the year while the NCAA investigates it, or even the full year.

Also on December 4th this article was posted:

Tritons roll at home - MessengerNews.net | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Info. - The Messenger

"Malou, a 6-foot-9 small forward from Australia, has Div. I offers from Iowa State, Memphis, UNLV, West Virginia and Kansas State."

Last edited:

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
I've watched him play this year for ABCD Prep. Very raw, but he's versatile for a 6-foot-9 guy. Doesn't seem to have much of a low-post game. Will be a project at the Div. I level.

Spam

May 21, 2008
An athletic small forward with leaping ability who can shoot the 3? No thanks:jimlad:

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I'm sure he can develop a low post game very quickly. He doesn't look very raw to me. Looks like he's already skilled dribbling, passing and shooting. Way more so than RW ever was.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
So what's the catch?

post-35651-there-is-no-catch-gif-Milana-V-ZLSu.gif

There is no catch.

Reactions: BBHMagic

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
This is what I am thinking. Why isn't anyone else in on this guy?

Well if this article is correct, he actually has quite a few good schools that have offered.

Also on December 4th this article was posted:

Tritons roll at home - MessengerNews.net | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Info. - The Messenger

"Malou, a 6-foot-9 small forward from Australia, has Div. I offers from Iowa State, Memphis, UNLV, West Virginia and Kansas State."

Mowilly

May 21, 2008
Capp Timm Field
So what's the catch?

Good Kid! The catch is transcripts most likely. He wanted to go D-1 after last year but could not. He declared for NBA draft but did not hire agent and pulled back. This combined w/ the baggage of the Prep School Coach (Glendon Alexander) has many staying back and waiting.

He is talented enough, skilled enough to play D-1. Most see him as a professional talent (not necessarily NBA) the question is grit and toughness. He may have it- just has not had to show it yet.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I feel dumb even asking this , but with abcd prep it's not considered high school right? From what I found it seems like he should have graduated last year. So if that's true does he use up eligibility with what he's doing this year? And why not go to a good juco.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I feel dumb even asking this , but with abcd prep it's not considered high school right? From what I found it seems like he should have graduated last year. So if that's true does he use up eligibility with what he's doing this year? And why not go to a good juco.

It's a prep school so it doesn't use up college eligibility. Juco would.