Visiting Hilton for the first time...Suggestions?

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Someone may recommend going to "Welch," "Welch Ave," or "Campustown" for a beer after the game. I would not suggest this, especially if Kansas wins.
I would stay away all together. Win or lose, even before or after the game it's not a place I would recommend.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Also, I hate how some of my fellow KU fans I know are turning their nose up at this game as if it doesn't mean much since we are "always good". Any college bball fan should be excited for this game. Going to be AWESOME.

Missouri is gone, we're your huckleberry.

189_kilmer_doc_275.jpg

Jan 9, 2014
Also, yeah, I planned on covering up the KU attire when I go out after the game. Last thing I need is some crazed Cyclone fan verbally attacking me, Lol.

I'm obviously unfamiliar with how seating is set up in Hilton. I'm in sec 213 row 11. Will I have an ok view?

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
If you are going to need parking, the visitor parking for games is on the West side of the lots. Some park on city streets. Donor parking is closest to Hilton and requires a parking pass. Post game can be a traffic jam sometimes. Fair warning, some of those farmer types with those huge pick-ups forget they are not out in the back 40. (sorry)

Jan 9, 2014
Earplugs and humility when you realize that Phog Allen is not the loudest arena you have ever been in.

Ha. We shall see. I'm slightly biased and LOVE the Phog. As stated, I truly am excited to see Hilton and I'm not coming as one of those arrogant jerks. I want to be friendly and have a good time.

Reactions: cyrevkah

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Also, yeah, I planned on covering up the KU attire when I go out after the game. Last thing I need is some crazed Cyclone fan verbally attacking me, Lol.

I'm obviously unfamiliar with how seating is set up in Hilton. I'm in sec 213 row 11. Will I have an ok view?

I'll trade you for 203, it's much better view there

Jan 9, 2014
In terms of parking, the hotel I'm staying at says it's only 1.3mi away from ISU campus so I was hoping to just be able to walk from there instead of dealing with arena parking.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Not really a bad seat in Hilton. It is in the balcony but that is a pretty decent view I would say.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
In terms of parking, the hotel I'm staying at says it's only 1.3mi away from ISU campus so I was hoping to just be able to walk from there instead of dealing with arena parking.
If you do decide to park it really isn't that bad. There is a huge public lot in front of Hilton. Sometimes it is slow getting out, but never really that bad. I almost feel the further south you park the sooner you will make it out.

HititHard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 11, 2009
Happy Hour pregame at Dublin Bay is good counsel but skip Hickory Park and go to Aunt Maude's post game the chili filet is a favorite of mine. They don't have a huge wine list but it is more than adequate.