***Official 2015 Recruiting Thread***

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
With only a couple more months for the 2014 class to wrap up may as well start looking at the 2015 class prospects as well. Noticed we offered an 8 man player Seth Nerness: Seth Nerness - Yahoo! Sports

Has has anyone seen him play?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I saw Nerness play against Fremont-Mills in the 8 man title in 2011 and they got rolled 80somethin to 0. (Iowa DE Nate Meier started at RB for Fremont-Mills). Nerness would have only been a freshman but his name was mentioned).

6'4 200 for a DE hopefully gets to 225 or so by graduation. Says OU has shown interest as well as Iowa.

Even though 8 man isn't the best talent (yes I played 8 man), obviously the kid has potential if 3 BCS schools have shown interest.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I saw Nerness play against Fremont-Mills in the 8 man title in 2011 and they got rolled 80somethin to 0. (Iowa DE Nate Meier started at RB for Fremont-Mills). Nerness would have only been a freshman but his name was mentioned).

6'4 200 for a DE hopefully gets to 225 or so by graduation. Says OU has shown interest as well as Iowa.

Even though 8 man isn't the best talent (yes I played 8 man), obviously the kid has potential if 3 BCS schools have shown interest.
On his scout profile said kansas also recruiting him. He must be decent. Only second Iowan to get an offer from us so far for 2015.

Last edited:

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Levi Paulsen - Yahoo! Sports

Landan Paulsen - Yahoo! Sports

Ryan Boyle - Yahoo! Sports

Jacob Newborg - Yahoo! Sports

Bryce Meeker - Yahoo! Sports

The Paulsen twins are supposedly heavy Iowa leans based on their tweets. I'd think both Boyle and Meeker will get offers eventually from at least ISU or Iowa...I'm not really sure if they favor one school over the other. Newborg is firmly committed to Iowa.

Well considering Seth Nerness is the only one we have offered, I'd put him on the list too.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Only time the Jayhawks step foot in Iowa is to try and steal talent,trick confused tavern hawks, or pay Big 12 refs so I went with the talent one ;)

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Agree, he will and should. One of the reasons why I was so surprised that Seth was our first in state offer must be a real stud. Do they typically extend a lot of offers at Jr. Day?

He's definitely got a lot of potential. I saw him play three times this fall and came away pretty impressed. Very good speed for a bigger kid. He played linebacker in the games I saw him in this year, which might have been out of necessity, because he's better coming off the edge.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Agree, he will and should. One of the reasons why I was so surprised that Seth was our first in state offer must be a real stud. Do they typically extend a lot of offers at Jr. Day?

They never extended me an offer at Jr Day, but that really only tells us they dont offer the slow undersized players.