***Official 2015 Recruiting Thread***

ISU1294

Apr 29, 2011
I saw Nerness play against Fremont-Mills in the 8 man title in 2011 and they got rolled 80somethin to 0. (Iowa DE Nate Meier started at RB for Fremont-Mills). Nerness would have only been a freshman but his name was mentioned).

6'4 200 for a DE hopefully gets to 225 or so by graduation. Says OU has shown interest as well as Iowa.

Even though 8 man isn't the best talent (yes I played 8 man), obviously the kid has potential if 3 BCS schools have shown interest.

I'm pretty sure everyone already enjoys a player on the team that played 8 man for 3 years....

headlock and double-leg levi peters - Vine Video

Reactions: CYCLNST8

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
With only a couple more months for the 2014 class to wrap up may as well start looking at the 2015 class prospects as well. Noticed we offered an 8 man player Seth Nerness: Seth Nerness - Yahoo! Sports

Has has anyone seen him play?

Coach K was his primary recruiter. Wonder who we will have on him now. More names to keep an eye on:

S Tyler Eads - Yahoo! Sports

S Adam Buirge - Yahoo! Sports

CB Terry Howard - Yahoo! Sports

DE Max Morris - Yahoo! Sports

DL Ryan Moser - Yahoo! Sports

DL Andrew Ruzek - Yahoo! Sports

LB Sawyer Dawson - Yahoo! Sports

LB Ben Ewing - Yahoo! Sports

OL AJ Harris - Yahoo! Sports ****

OL Bryce Meeker - Yahoo! Sports

OL Christian Gaylord - Yahoo! Sports

QB Brad Mayes - Yahoo! Sports

QB Jake Comeaux - Yahoo! Sports

QB Nate Dalton - Yahoo! Sports

RB Ryan Williams - Yahoo! Sports

MO4ISU

Feb 27, 2013
IA
Levi Paulsen - Yahoo! Sports

Landan Paulsen - Yahoo! Sports

Ryan Boyle - Yahoo! Sports

Jacob Newborg - Yahoo! Sports

Bryce Meeker - Yahoo! Sports

The Paulsen twins are supposedly heavy Iowa leans based on their tweets. I'd think both Boyle and Meeker will get offers eventually from at least ISU or Iowa...I'm not really sure if they favor one school over the other. Newborg is firmly committed to Iowa.
Yes, I know the Paulsen twins, played against them in baseball, track, football, yeah their big Iowa fans.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

I hadn't realized Hale was an ISU legacy but saw it mentioned in passing on scout. Am assuming his Dad was Chris Hentges? Doesn't look like we have been working him as hard as others. All the big boys are in on him and sounds like he would like the SEC. Anyone know anymore about this kid? Sounds like he wants to major in biology and looks like Bliel was his recruiter. He wants to go to a school that uses its Tight end so is attracted to the Big 10 pro styles he said. He plays more of a spread slot Tight End though so with Mangino and our use of Bibb we could get back on his radar. Iowa signed an ISU legacy tight end last year that was a pro style TE. Hate to see a legacy this good (#5 TE in class) slip away without a fight though.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I hadn't realized Hale was an ISU legacy but saw it mentioned in passing on scout. Am assuming his Dad was Chris Hentges? Doesn't look like we have been working him as hard as others. All the big boys are in on him and sounds like he would like the SEC. Anyone know anymore about this kid? Sounds like he wants to major in biology and looks like Bliel was his recruiter. He wants to go to a school that uses its Tight end so is attracted to the Big 10 pro styles he said. He plays more of a spread slot Tight End though so with Mangino and our use of Bibb we could get back on his radar. Iowa signed an ISU legacy tight end last year that was a pro style TE. Hate to see a legacy this good (#5 TE in class) slip away without a fight though.

As I read down his offer list, it doesn't appear that the Big Ten teams that offered him run much of a pro-style offense, honestly. Iowa and maybe Penn State, now, are all I can imagine not running a majority spread offense.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Michael Warren's personal bulldozer:

Jalin Barnett - Yahoo! Sports

It won't hurt to try, but you have to be realistic about the odds. The day that ISU can go into Oklahoma and pull out a recruit with Barnettt's ranking and offer list is the day that you can say that the program has arrived. He is a high priority for both OU and OSU.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
It won't hurt to try, but you have to be realistic about the odds. The day that ISU can go into Oklahoma and pull out a recruit with Barnettt's ranking and offer list is the day that you can say that the program has arrived. He is a high priority for both OU and OSU.

I shall contribute $500

LesGoCY

Feb 7, 2014
Well considering Seth Nerness is the only one we have offered, I'd put him on the list too.

Still no further on in-state kids besides Nerness, but two new offers on out of state skill kids in the 2015 class:

QB - Dwayne Lawson, 6'5" 200 from Tampa, FL
WR - Flynn Nagel, 5'10" 180 from Chicago, IL

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I think this staff will put together the best class we've seen at isu for 2015. I will be shocked if not. The staff CPR has put together on paper is the best recruiting staff maybe in iowa st history. I think we will see a stud oline class coming up with Mangino leading the recruiting. I'm really stoked about this fball staff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron