Not knowing the problem is the problem

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It could be one of 1,000 different things. I'm tired of speculating which one it is, whether it be the QB position, the O-Line, the O-Coordinator, Wally forgetting how to coach the defense, lack of QB coach, CPR being ineffective as a coach, WR's dropping passes, injuries, inexperience, am I forgetting anything?

I'm tired of the negative talk and speculation. It doesn't really make any of us feel better at the end of the day (I hope I"m not just speaking for myself) and it clearly as hell won't solve any of the problems plaguing the program. Let's just see how CPR handles the rest of the season. 2 winnable games coming up, and if they get both then hey, 3-9 isn't a whole lot worse than what we expected. Sure the blowout losses suck, but at this point there is nothing that can be done about them, except for CPR and staff working to prevent them from happening v.s. KU and WVU.

This ship has hit rock bottom. Even a loss to KU wouldn't sting (now that they've beaten a different Big 12 team) too terribly. Let's just hope for 2 wins and look ahead to next year. I'm tired of ragging on this team. The problems are too many to blame just one, and everyone on this site knows it. The best thing to do, as fans, is to stop addressing it. See how everything plays out the next week and half and throughout the offseason. No more sense in beating a dead horse. Rant over.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Your avatar is the problem. I cringe every time I see it. Worst. . . . logo. . . . ever.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Whatever the problem is I doubt another thread that starts with a long rant is the solution.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Not knowing that you don't know the problem is another problem. See, the problem with not knowing that you don't know the problem, is that nobody knows the problem they don't know, you know?

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte
It could be one of 1,000 different things. I'm tired of speculating which one it is, whether it be the QB position, the O-Line, the O-Coordinator, Wally forgetting how to coach the defense, lack of QB coach, CPR being ineffective as a coach, WR's dropping passes, injuries, inexperience, am I forgetting anything?

I'm tired of the negative talk and speculation. It doesn't really make any of us feel better at the end of the day (I hope I"m not just speaking for myself) and it clearly as hell won't solve any of the problems plaguing the program. Let's just see how CPR handles the rest of the season. 2 winnable games coming up, and if they get both then hey, 3-9 isn't a whole lot worse than what we expected. Sure the blowout losses suck, but at this point there is nothing that can be done about them, except for CPR and staff working to prevent them from happening v.s. KU and WVU.

This ship has hit rock bottom. Even a loss to KU wouldn't sting (now that they've beaten a different Big 12 team) too terribly. Let's just hope for 2 wins and look ahead to next year. I'm tired of ragging on this team. The problems are too many to blame just one, and everyone on this site knows it. The best thing to do, as fans, is to stop addressing it. See how everything plays out the next week and half and throughout the offseason. No more sense in beating a dead horse. Rant over.

im-tired-of-this-crap.gif

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

The problem with you is that you don't seem to know if you have a problem with not knowing problems. Here's a simple mantra that I follow.

Problems - Know them.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
It's not my job to know what the problem is nor would I have the ability change the situation even if I knew the answers. I am also more than willing to give Rhoads a pass this season. He's a wonderful part of Iowa State. An unmatched cheerleader. However that said, I will be the first to call for a change if we go 1-11 or 3-9 next year too. I am not ready to start accepting 6-6 as the best we can do.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008

Then why start another thread to do just that?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Then why start another thread to do just that?
To get you Nancy's to shut up and forget this awful season. No reason to continue speculating. Like I said, there are 1,000 things wrong with the program, but nobody can answer the question which gets fixed first? More than likely it is not a quick simple fix such as fattening up the offensive line, or firing Messingham, or recruiting better like many seem to think. Why continue worrying about it? My plan is to go into next year with ZERO expectations and just sit back and watch things unfold as they will. Much like 2004 following a disastrous 2003, when we nearly won the Big 12 North.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I would actually argue I know the problem but I don't know if Rhoads knows the problem and that's the problem.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Paging Shawn Carter. Paging Shawn Corey Carter. Your services are needed.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
To get you Nancy's to shut up and forget this awful season. No reason to continue speculating. Like I said, there are 1,000 things wrong with the program, but nobody can answer the question which gets fixed first? More than likely it is not a quick simple fix such as fattening up the offensive line, or firing Messingham, or recruiting better like many seem to think. Why continue worrying about it? My plan is to go into next year with ZERO expectations and just sit back and watch things unfold as they will. Much like 2004 following a disastrous 2003, when we nearly won the Big 12 North.

So...
Step 1. Suck egregiously in 2013.
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Big 12 champs in 2014.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007

So the guy that speculates about our sucking in every thread is now the champion for not discussing it. Am I living in a Bizarro World?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Nothing shuts people up like starting a new thread on a discussion board.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm placing the odds of you actually knowing Jay-Z's middle name at 5%.

He lives with me - he sorta gets forced into this knowledge. The other day we were listening to the (very) edited version of "Holy Grail" in the car, and I said to our daughter, "This is Jay-Z. You'll like him someday."

She said, "No, I like the other one. The girl." She was referring to Justin Timberlake.