Random Thoughts Thread #1

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
This thread is for those random thoughts we have all the time.

When did kids start wearing black socks with sandals and tennis shoes? I see them everywhere.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
my mom started buying me black socks around 5th or 6th grade ~1999

I wear black socks as well, but not with sandals.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the medium length black socks people wear with their tennis shoes. Either a no show sock, or none at all.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
yeah, I find it funny that boys wear black socks now with white shoes with their shorts....guess, that is about the only offensive fashion faux paux left to offend previous generations with.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Another random thought.

Why do people going Eastbound on 80/35 get antsy back by Merly Hay and camp in the left lane going 60 mph because they know they'll have to exit left in 6 miles???

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
This thread is for those random thoughts we have all the time.

When did kids start wearing black socks with sandals and tennis shoes? I see them everywhere.

This is great. I was wondering the exact same thing a couple weeks back. I was at a fair where there was a large population of high schoolers. Keep in mind I am only 24, not very far removed.

These kids all had mid shin length black socks with Sperry's on. Now I like Sperrys, but the whole point of them is to wear without socks. I was in disbelief at this and still am. Glad it got brought up.

Not too mention their hats that they wear backwards and basically falling off their head.

Kids these days!

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Here is one: Why does everyone have road rage?

so at a four-way stop by my work people will come to the intersection at the same time. one going east and one going west. the guy going west will go and then once he's done the guy going east will go. GO AT THE SAME TIME. people have road rage because other drivers suck.

Last edited:

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmmmmm, boy."

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Also, I'm not a huge fan of the medium length black socks people wear with their tennis shoes. Either a no show sock, or none at all.

I wear no shows with my running shoes to work. Every once in awhile I will wear the medium lengths with shoes around the house (usually save those for winter under jeans).

yeah, I find it funny that boys wear black socks now with white shoes with their shorts....guess, that is about the only offensive fashion faux paux left to offend previous generations with.

In high school I wore black medium length Nikes with my white Cael V1's
$T2eC16RHJHoE9n3Ke-PmBRfc)mBTnw~~60_35.JPG

Wore white socks with them once, boy did I look stupid.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Around Christmastime, I probably creeped out a neighbor.

There was a Christmas bow on the floor of our garage, so I decided to put it on a car. There was a lovely Dodge Charger next to me, so they got the bow. The next day, the bow had been cruelly thrown to the ground. So I placed it back on the Dodge Charger. The third day, no bow :sad: I wonder about the bow's fate and the neighbor's thoughts about who was creepily putting said bow on their car.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Why do people with convertibles drive around with the tops down, the front windows down, but the rear windows up?

Hey dude/chick, it looks stupid!

Are these the same people who plaster their back license plates with each year's renewal sticker bordering the numbers?

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
Here is one: Why does everyone have road rage?

About 2 miles outside of Carroll going west on 30 the 2 lane goes to 4 lane. Usually when going from 2 lane to 4 lane traffic thins out. Not here, for some reason those same people that were running 60 now decide this is a good time to slow down to 50. Some of them don't even make a lane choice for a quarter mile and just kinda float down the middle. IT'S MADDENING!! I have more road rage in that 2 mile stretch than anywhere else I drive.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I watched a good road rage incident the other day. There's this odd spot on my commute where a four lane goes back to two lane. The odd part is that the signs (and road) tell you to merge to the right. So you always get people in the left lane trying to race past you, not paying attention that it's THEIR side of the road is going to end. So this happened last week. The car in the left kept trying to pass the car on the right, and the one on the right stayed put since they were following the road signs. Car on the left refused to slow down and pull in behind. Damn near ran into the ditch because they refused to get over. So at the next stop light, the right car is behind me, and the left car gets into the turn lane, pulls up beside right car, honks, gives him an extended 1 finger salute, then roars off.

*******, they were the ones in the wrong!

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
After being in TX for 8 months, I figured the large amount of drivers/cars down here would increase people's driving ability since you have a little more to deal with. Complete opposite.

After yesterday's thread, I have been thinking about what I want for dinner tonight. I have officially decided on Freebirds Burrito over Chipotle.