2012-13 Preseason Predictions

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Thanks for bumping, I do like going back and seeing people's predictions before the season.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Two thoughts.

Which of the 145 preseason predictions threads is this?

I noticed in this thread Velo said we might take a step back because Royce allowed us to play "unconventionally".

As this season unfolded, I think we saw that unconventional is our hallmark, no matter who is on the floor.
The rest of the world is playing high ball screen, bump and grind, boring shot clock basketball and we are for the most part, letting it fly.

Now as the future unfolds and our roster gets more stacked with talent (which I see no reason it won't), we may become more conventional but for right now, we're playing NBA basketball in a Bo Ryan world.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
oh and btw: 02:00 PM CLONECONES achieved
calendar_newred_16.png
1 year registered

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
I predicted the Clones would go 10-8. I thought they would beat the bad teams but wilt against the tough competition.

The fact is that they never wilted against the good competition, except in Norman, which was their only blowout loss. All the other games were close and we could have easily won another four.

At the same time, I certainly did not expect to get beaten by Texas Tech.

Even though this year's team has a worse conference record than last year's, it still seems like a better team. Last year's team had at least two wins at home on last second shots. This year, our home wins against Texas, TCU, Tech, Oklahoma, KState and Okie State were all pretty comfortable, really. Only the Kansas and WVU games were close.