KU Groupon!

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
I don't think we're in a position to throw stones with some of the deals we've put together.

True. Regardless, it's a shame to see empty seats in ANY college FB game. Did you see Boston College last night? Embarrassing.

I hope we can at least hang close with OSU, I hate the idea of JTS on ESPN with empty sections.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
This week: KU tickets on Groupon, Next week, KU football coaching position on Monster.com. "multiple positions available"

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wow, you know you're struggling to fill seats when a Division I school in a big conference has to resort to Groupon.

Don't you guys remember the Michigan State vs. Iowa basketball game at Carver a couple years ago on ESPN?
There were going to be a ton of empty seats so the AD was giving away free tickets to students, and the students didn't seem to care anyway, so the AD had to also give them free pizza.
Now that was funny.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
True. Regardless, it's a shame to see empty seats in ANY college FB game. Did you see Boston College last night? Embarrassing.

I hope we can at least hang close with OSU, I hate the idea of JTS on ESPN with empty sections.

It didn't look as bad as the stands in the 3rd and 4th quarter of the ISU game at Tech.

4eadd2b113bff.preview-300.jpg

lionnusmb

Dec 30, 2008
Ankeny, IA
This week: KU tickets on Groupon, Next week, KU football coaching position on Monster.com. "multiple positions available"

Don't you think they would at least post it on "The Ladders"? It's not like that program is the bottom of the barrel right now.... Ummm... Okay... maybe "Monster" it is.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Don't you think they would at least post it on "The Ladders"? It's not like that program is the bottom of the barrel right now.... Ummm... Okay... maybe "Monster" it is.

Yeah... you only post an opening on "The Ladders" if you are looking for a qualified candidate. Seeing that Kansas hired Turner Gill should tell you they are simply looking for any guy off of the street.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Yeah... you only post an opening on "The Ladders" if you are looking for a qualified candidate. Seeing that Kansas hired Turner Gill should tell you they are simply looking for any guy off of the street.

Both got it! Monster was very intentionally chosen.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

Yeah, and there are a lot of places where if you look hard there are a lot of empty seats. ACC games, Big East games. Lot of schools struggling to draw, even some successful ones.