wii games for young kids

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Anyone found any really good wii games for young kids (under 5). Mine try to play our sports and games ones but most have several motions and require release of buttons to throw things, etc. They can get a few of these but mostly they just get frustrated and lose interest. If anyone has found a good game with simple action (if its marginally educational thats a plus but not required) let me know. Thanks in advance CFers.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Kirbys Epic Yarn. It's a ton of fun for kids and adults. Plus your character doesn't die so the kids won't get frustrated having to start over. Control's are nes like and super easy.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Anyone found any really good wii games for young kids (under 5). Mine try to play our sports and games ones but most have several motions and require release of buttons to throw things, etc. They can get a few of these but mostly they just get frustrated and lose interest. If anyone has found a good game with simple action (if its marginally educational thats a plus but not required) let me know. Thanks in advance CFers.

Mario Kart

Not sure if you have boys or girls, but if you have girls, Dog Island is another one that mine love. But they'd probably need to be at least 4/5 for that one.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Mario Kart

Not sure if you have boys or girls, but if you have girls, Dog Island is another one that mine love. But they'd probably need to be at least 4/5 for that one.

The 4 year old can drive well enough to get around the easy levels. The almost 3 year old cant get the steering concept yet. he ends up stuck against a wall or going in circles :spinny:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The 4 year old can drive well enough to get around the easy levels. The almost 3 year old cant get the steering concept yet. he ends up stuck against a wall or going in circles :spinny:

Funny, I'm 39 and that's what usually happens to me when I play that one.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., Diego's Dinosaur Rescue or something I forget the name, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort have some good ones for little kids, my son likes the sword fighting one in WSR. He plays the Cars game a lot too. There's a couple sesame street ones too, an Elmo and a Cookie Monster one, don't remember the exact names but they're really basic.

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
Wii Fit game has a few activities that my kids love. My six yr old daughter has held our family record in the hula hoop contest the last 2 years. My daughters (6 and 3) like the running games, tight rope walking, yoga games, etc.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
If all else fails, just use one controller to actually control and do the actions, and give the kid a controller without batteries. They won't know the difference.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Animal Crossing -- but it REALLY helps if they can read (though our 4 year old has memorized what to do without reading).

Littlest Pet Shop -- still some reading (less than Animal Crossing) but again our 4 year old easily memorized what most things are. (recommended for girls/kids who are into Littlest Pet Shop -- our 4 year old only likes it because of his big sister)

Our 4 year old also plays (by himself) Mario Kart, Wii Fit, and Wii Sports.

It probably helped that his 7 year old sister helped him figure it all out at first.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron