Okay, Hawaii 5-0 sucks

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I watched the season premier, and it sucked, but I thought I would give it another chance. I couldn't watch it Monday night so I recorded it.

Watched it last night and I have got to say I am really disappointed. It sucks.

I may just tune in at 9 anyway just to hear that theme song, however.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I watched the season premier, and it sucked, but I thought I would give it another chance. I couldn't watch it Monday night so I recorded it.

Watched it last night and I have got to say I am really disappointed. It sucks.

When I was a kid, I would listen to the theme song and then change the channel to watch MASH, and I had a friend that would do the opposite. Just a weird childhood memory, your comment reminded me of that.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

That is how I felt about "Rockford Files" when I was growing up. My father loved the show and would watch the reruns all the time. I would watch up until the theme song...listen to that...then find something else to do!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit...but I also thought "Mike and Molly' sucked! I miss "The Big Bang Theory" on Monday nights...I already have shows to watch on Thursdays!

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
The cast and commercials made me not want to watch the show. It looked like it would suck bad.

Yeah, I guess I should have had a clue with all the over-hyping they were giving this show.

Oh well.

Still one of the top three coolest TV theme songs ever (Peter Gunn theme No. 1)

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Yeah, I guess I should have had a clue with all the over-hyping they were giving this show.

Oh well.

Still one of the top three coolest TV theme songs ever (Peter Gunn theme No. 1)
There is no accounting for taste.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Outsourced sucked as well.

Me and Dad always watched Rockford Files.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I used last Monday's episode to show my wife the manly art of following at least two shows at one time. We were flipping between Hawaii 5-0 and Emergency! on RTV (I love Emergency!). Since she's new to the concept, we started with just two shows, but I hope to be able to get her up to speed so she can follow at least 5 shows at one time...

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Wasn't a big fan of the premier. Really nothing more than any other current cop drama, but with references back to the original.

I wish they'd just rather replace the show with reruns of the original series.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
I'd never seen the original, and wasn't too excited for the new one (never even heard the theme song until an episode of NCIS last season). However, my husband and I watched both episodes so far, and we enjoyed it. Granted, it's not NCIS, but it's a hell of a lot better than CSI: Miami.

Also wasn't pleased with Mike & Molly. I think it has potential, just wasn't very good. And $#@! My Dad Says sucked. Can someone explain how it's the 'best new comedy' on TV?

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Having been to India, Outsourced had some funny elements. It really feels low budget like Parks & Recreation and Community did last year. Those have turned into very funny shows.

Not everything can hit it out of the park right away like Modern Family.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd never seen the original, and wasn't too excited for the new one (never even heard the theme song until an episode of NCIS last season). However, my husband and I watched both episodes so far, and we enjoyed it. Granted, it's not NCIS, but it's a hell of a lot better than CSI: Miami.

Also wasn't pleased with Mike & Molly. I think it has potential, just wasn't very good. And $#@! My Dad Says sucked. Can someone explain how it's the 'best new comedy' on TV?

CBS always embellishes about their new shows. I remember when that abortion of a tv show "Baby Bob" came on about a talking baby. They said it was the number one new hit comedy sensation, and then promptly cancelled it before it finished two months I think. Hell they'll call tv shows "hits" before they've even premiered.

Of the new shows I watched I wasn't too impressed. Outsourced was bad and frankly fairly racist for a network tv show. The only new show I'll continue to watch is Boardwalk Empire, although I'm looking forward to The Walking Dead when it premieres on Halloween. About damn time we had a zombie apocalypse tv series.

Big Bang theory is terrible and I don't understand why people watch it. I really hope it doesn't hurt Community's ratings enough to cancel it, that is a great show.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis

I love NCIS, but I have to be honest. I was hoping that they would let last years story line bleed into this season a little more. I just didn't like how it was wrapped up so quickly. That and the 1st two episodes they've "tricked" the bad guy.

I agree with Mike and Molly. I think it can go somewhere. I'm not sure if some of these new shows really find their footing until they are well into the 1st or 2nd season.

Won't watch $#@!. How do you take a Twitter or Facebook page and make it into a sitcom?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

CBS always embellishes about their new shows. I remember when that abortion of a tv show "Baby Bob" came on about a talking baby. They said it was the number one new hit comedy sensation, and then promptly cancelled it before it finished two months I think. Hell they'll call tv shows "hits" before they've even premiered.

Of the new shows I watched I wasn't too impressed. Outsourced was bad and frankly fairly racist for a network tv show. The only new show I'll continue to watch is Boardwalk Empire, although I'm looking forward to The Walking Dead when it premieres on Halloween. About damn time we had a zombie apocalypse tv series.

Big Bang theory is terrible and I don't understand why people watch it. I really hope it doesn't hurt Community's ratings enough to cancel it, that is a great show.

It's not that the networks are "embellishing", per se, it's that you're not reading the fine print on those claims. When a promo claims that a new show "is the best new show in America", usually underneath that is listed, in very small print, some Mickey Mouse writer from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer or the Detroit Free Press or some other semi-recognizable regional newspaper. What nobody asks, though, is does anybody else in America give a crap about what some asinine reporter from a metropolitan newspaper thinks about the crappy show being promoted? Probably not - that's why it's in really small print. And CBS isn't the only network, or entity, even, doing this. I'm pretty sure some ******** journalist thought that Gigli was a "Must See", and as soon as the hired advertising agents saw that, they jumped all over that blurb and advertised the hell out of it.