Screwed Up Sayings

billpickles

Apr 11, 2006
The "sweating like a stuck pig" line in another thread got me to thinking about commonly messed up sayings. My wife does this all the time - she keeps telling me I should be writing them all down and put them in a book. Her latest: "No skin off my teeth" combining "no skin off my nose" with "by the skin of his teeth." Others?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The "sweating like a stuck pig" line in another thread got me to thinking about commonly messed up sayings. My wife does this all the time - she keeps telling me I should be writing them all down and put them in a book. Her latest: "No skin off my teeth" combining "no skin off my nose" with "by the skin of his teeth." Others?
I could care less.

It's I could NOT care less, people.

Reactions: heyguy85

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Ive heard people say this one but don't know which is right? Something is "coming down the pike" or "coming down the pipe"

Anybody know? Never seen it in writing

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
“He did a complete 360 on the issueâ€￾

I like to deliberately mess up sayings to see if people are paying attention. Like, “Don’t shoot a gift horse in the foot.â€￾

On a separate topic, one of my co-workers says, “supposublyâ€￾ instead of supposedly.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
“He did a complete 360 on the issueâ€￾

I like to deliberately mess up sayings to see if people are paying attention. Like, “Don’t shoot a gift horse in the foot.â€￾

On a separate topic, one of my co-workers says, “supposublyâ€￾ instead of supposedly.
kind of like when jason kidd said he was going to "turn this team 360 degrees around" when he got drafted by the mavs?

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
"Proof is in the pudding"

No, it is

"The proof of the pudding is in the tasting"