Hoop Dreams

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cato2handjam

Nov 26, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I was finally able to watch Hoop Dreams this weekend after letting it collect dust on my nightstand. It is a fantastic movie and if you have the time I would highly suggest checking it out. Its a Netflix instant if you want to watch it on your computer.

Hoop Dreams (1994)

The documentary follows two gifted high school basketball players starting at age 14 and profiles their lives up until 18+. I don't know what sort of surrounding Chris Colvin had in Chicago, but the shooting takes place in the housing projects of Chicago. The film also gave me more respect for Dendy and Gilstrap who went the JUCO route.

Cato2handjam

Nov 26, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Great joke, but no it was on the stand for about 2 months. I was sifting through the documentary awards and Hoop Dreams came up a couple times. Gave it a shot and I enjoyed it.

I'm watching Patton for the first time this week too, so get your joke ready.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Great movie that perhaps the next generation of high school and college students haven't seen.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
If you like Hoop Dreams, you should also check out "The Heart of the Game", which is a documentary about a Seattle-area girls' basketball team. Very compelling.

Also, one of the main players in the first part of the movie is then-future Cyclone Lindsey Wilson. Great movie...here's the website:

The Heart Of The Game: Official Website

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
I was finally able to watch Hoop Dreams this weekend after letting it collect dust on my nightstand. It is a fantastic movie and if you have the time I would highly suggest checking it out. Its a Netflix instant if you want to watch it on your computer.

Hoop Dreams (1994)

The documentary follows two gifted high school basketball players starting at age 14 and profiles their lives up until 18+. I don't know what sort of surrounding Chris Colvin had in Chicago, but the shooting takes place in the housing projects of Chicago. The film also gave me more respect for Dendy and Gilstrap who went the JUCO route.
Colvin grew off in a fairly solid household.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Hoop Dreams is an excellent documentary, very highly recommended. I haven't seen it in several years, I wouldn't mind watching it again.