YouTube TV Getting Ability to Split Into 4 Screens

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Wonder what the price of a sports-only streaming service would be and if anybody has ever considered offering this as an option.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wonder what the price of a sports-only streaming service would be and if anybody has ever considered offering this as an option.

Probably just as expensive. The sports are the expensive part

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Those other 100 channels have to cost something. I'd imagine they could drop it to $40-$50 for a sports only tier.
It'd be significantly more expensive. Cost is subsidized across all subscribers currently. Lose a bunch of non-sports subsidizers and cost would have to go up since the contracts are already committed.

If there was a way to make money doing it someone probably would be.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It'd be significantly more expensive. Cost is subsidized across all subscribers currently. Lose a bunch of non-sports subsidizers and cost would have to go up since the contracts are already committed.

So just don't have a non sports tier. I'm fine with being all about myself.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Similar, I went to the support page and they had a note saying "if your inquiry is in regards to multiview, submit this form", did that around 7pm last night and had it show up this morning.

Oddly...I went to do this and got the message about an inquiry into the rate increase...so I did and complained that they increased the rate yet dropped MLBNetwork! An hour later I had multiview! Coincidence?

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015

Philo costs $25 a month which is basically everything but sports....why couldn't you do the same in reverse and get sports only for say $45-50 a month???

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Other than YTTV choosing the 4 channels which are shown in the multiview (which I understand why at this moment)...it is pretty slick! In the 90s I thought picture-in-picture and side-by-side viewing was awesome! Just never really caught on! I remember playing video games on half the screen and watching a game on the other half. I believe the key was having a second tuner rigtht? But back then everyone had a second tuner when using a VCR. Anyway, this is promising!

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Does anyone have a good alternative for watching the games on 4 TVs? I thought the screen limit on YouTube TV was 5 but evidently it’s 3. I have three setup now but want 4 for tomorrow and the wife watching upstairs just kicked me off.

Is there an app through CBS to watch on Roku or FireTV instead of using a YouTube TV stream?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Does anyone have a good alternative for watching the games on 4 TVs? I thought the screen limit on YouTube TV was 5 but evidently it’s 3. I have three setup now but want 4 for tomorrow and the wife watching upstairs just kicked me off.

Is there an app through CBS to watch on Roku or FireTV instead of using a YouTube TV stream?
Does one of your TVs have SmartCast/air cast/screen mirroring whatever they call it? Can watch through NCAA app I think and stream that to TV

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Give it another 3 or 4 years and ESPN will be standalone.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Does one of your TVs have SmartCast/air cast/screen mirroring whatever they call it? Can watch through NCAA app I think and stream that to TV

I just got the CBS sports app to work on the third signing into my YouTube TV account. I thought these were streamed on Paramount + but I couldn’t find them.

I’ve tried mirroring through my phone on streameast but it’s always super choppy.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Give it another 3 or 4 years and ESPN will be standalone.
Not with what they're forking over to the conferences. They NEED every subscriber they can get. They get something like $8 per month per subscriber. If they could split it off and be profitable they would but they aren't stupid enough to believe they can withstand the subscriber loss and people will just pay $50/month or whatever it takes to stay afloat. They would lose most of their subscribers and the ones they did retain would be easily dropping out of their sports seasons.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield

I dont have time now but roku has an app at the bottom of my screen on the roku home page. It says push >= to go to Mach Madness app or something like that. It lets you not change channels and have at your fingertips by just scrolling, all games that are on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron