Xavier Foster (part 2)

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
What would those be?

Alford wan't well liked and arrogant to the fan base while in IC. Plus his roster under achieved during the regular season and he took risks with players like Pierce. He also jumped to New Mexico when things were going south and UCLA without much notice. There is a good chance that Alford isn't the UCLA coach 5 years from now IMO. I am surprised he survived this long and the Fans have begged for his removal a couple of times.
Now It is possible he has learned from his previous spots and it wont be an issue but just another consideration for his family. One that recruits from other areas may not be aware of.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Don't sign up. I tried to cancel my subscription for almost 6 months. The only way you can cancel is over the phone. I must've called 60 or 70 times during business hours and I never spoke to a real person. I emailed and complained and they said it's their policy and that I just need to keep trying. Finally, I reported it to my credit card company. The next month came around and 247 called me saying there was an issue with my credit card... ugh. worst service ever.

It is a bit of a pain in the ass to cancel, but I've never had any issues as long as I called during their open window, which is relatively limited. I was even given six free months when trying to cancel. Halsted is better than anyone covering the Cyclones by a long way. You are effectively getting a professional journalist that treats it as such with the added bonus of insider recruiting info. I will say his contacts are definitely more football-focused, which isn't as fun as basketball recruiting.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Alford wan't well liked and arrogant to the fan base while in IC. Plus his roster under achieved during the regular season and he took risks with players like Pierce. He also jumped to New Mexico when things were going south and UCLA without much notice. There is a good chance that Alford isn't the UCLA coach 5 years from now IMO. I am surprised he survived this long and the Fans have begged for his removal a couple of times.
Now It is possible he has learned from his previous spots and it wont be an issue but just another consideration for his family. One that recruits from other areas may not be aware of.

Those are pretty close to facts not rumors

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Man these guys really have blown up between him and Carton. Good for them but I can't see either one staying home now.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Untill Foster starts getting the offers from the blue bloods, it is still possible he stays in state. Right now KU and UK have only shown interest in him without offering.

Edit: I guess UCLA is a blue blood. Forgot about them.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Untill Foster starts getting the offers from the blue bloods, it is still possible he stays in state. Right now KU and UK have only shown interest in him without offering.

Edit: I guess UCLA is a blue blood. Forgot about them.

He's a 2020 recruit, considering how early he's getting the interest from all over the country and his size/skill combo I think it is safe to assume the "blue blood" offers will be presented to him soon.
That doesn't mean I think ISU will back down. Unless he tell the staff he's not interested, I expect Prohm to be involved to the end with Foster.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's a 2020 recruit, considering how early he's getting the interest from all over the country and his size/skill combo I think it is safe to assume the "blue blood" offers will be presented to him soon.
That doesn't mean I think ISU will back down. Unless he tell the staff he's not interested, I expect Prohm to be involved to the end with Foster.

Foster's dad is a big fan of Prohm

Stereotype

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2017
Foster's dad is a big fan of Prohm
That’s huge if true. Based on how invlolved his dad has been so far with his recruiting process, I’d bet he has a pretty big impact on the final decision.