WWE SummerSlam (2020) Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
WWE_SummerSlam_Logo.png

WWE SummerSlam (2020)

WWE Performance Center, Orlando, FL

Sunday, August 23, 2020

WWE Network

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
What ever happened to the Truth thing? Did I miss that reveal?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I got out of WWE sometime in 2013. I randomly watched the final hour of Monday Night RAW a week ago. Nothing really jumped out at me to suggest I should get back in, but one hour of one week isn’t a fair assessment. I signed up for WWE Network a couple weeks back for the sole purpose of watching some old WCW content. I don’t plan on keeping the subscription, but for anyone still into it, do you have a strong argument for me to hold on and try to get back into it?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I got out of WWE sometime in 2013. I randomly watched the final hour of Monday Night RAW a week ago. Nothing really jumped out at me to suggest I should get back in, but one hour of one week isn’t a fair assessment. I signed up for WWE Network a couple weeks back for the sole purpose of watching some old WCW content. I don’t plan on keeping the subscription, but for anyone still into it, do you have a strong argument for me to hold on and try to get back into it?

Wednesday nights are really the only night of pro wrestling I care about anymore. I usually watch NXT live and watch the DVRed AEW right after. If you didn’t know, NXT is a WWE product, but without Vince’s fingerprints all over it as HHH is the man in charge. While he’s not perfect, he does a damn good job most of the time. AEW, meanwhile, has a “WCW in the modern area” feel to it.
If you’re looking to get back into pro wrestling, I’d start there. As far as the Network goes, if you don’t plan on watching any of the PPVs (and this would include NXT TakeOver - I can’t remember the last time a TakeOver was bad), dump it. If all you’re interested in is WWE’s video library I believe you can get most of that on what should be their new free tier.

Reactions: Farnsworth

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I got back into it quite a few years ago, but gave up on WWE a few years ago. I still keep up with he news on what’s going on in case something interesting happens and I want to jump back in but t he product they offer is horrible. The story’s are rushed, there’s no build, it’s completely predictable, 50/50 booking and the show is more garnered for kids.

When AEW was first announced, I got real excited. I hoped that AEW would bring wrestling back to an adult audience and bring back the people who grew up during the attitude era or just loved the attitude era of wrestling. I watched from the start of there weekly television until about 6-8 weeks ago. The product is just unbearable to sit and watch. It’s a spot fest wrestling show run by people who don’t have a clue how to run a wrestling business. The matches make no sense, nobody sells, they don’t know how to build anybody to be a star, its also 50/50 booked matches. For instance, the show I decided to say **** this, was one of there “stars,” Kenny Omega, had a 20+ minute match with a local kid from whatever town they were in and the match was even throughout. So in other words, they just told there audience that this local kid is just as good as one of there “top” guys. It’s an absolute joke of a wrestling organization. I wouldn’t waste my time on it if I was you. I really wanted that company to succeed, but unless they go out and get some people who know how to run a wrestling company, it’s doomed. I’ve given up on wrestling and it’s a shame as I would like my two kids to watch wrestling like I did growing up, but it’s just not an option these days.

jmclone

Aug 29, 2017
I think some long time fans are a bit jaded, I'll include myself. However, my wife just started tuning in to WWE with me. She loves it! She's totally new eyes to the product, and honestly it's gotten me a little more excited about what's going on too. She's well aware it's a work and that's what makes it fun for her. I know one new set of eyeballs isn't going to start a trend lol, it still helps me enjoy it.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I give them a lot of slack due to the current environment. They have a bunch of stars that aren't participating due to the pandemic, which is totally understandable. They have some workhorses right now and they need to keep coming up with slightly different story lines.

I don't know that right now (and the past couple months) is the best time to say yay or nay. While I watch each week, it's not nearly as intently as pre-pandemic.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I have absolutely no idea what this means other than it’s Tyson Kidd running ropes in the same kind of personal WWE ring that HHH has sent to Undertaker and Edge for their comebacks.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Two of the biggest problems with WWE demonstrated in the first 30 minutes:

1. You spent the first 30 minutes of the show on Seth Rollins and Dominic Mysterio, only to come back from break to spend 5 more minutes on it in "highlights".

2. You announced Retribution last week when it should have been a surprise, now you're spending the next 5 minutes on Retribution highlights?

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Looking on Twitter, figures the one time I can't watch raw (no power) they have one of their better shows in awhile.