WWAD?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I see the qualities/physical traits people are looking for in a transfer post, and my first thought is that you'd have to drag them off the volleyball court.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I keep seeing people calling for the staff to go to the portal and get a big to replace our current players. This is not a quick fix as you need to find a fr or soph who can give us 2-3 years as it will take a yera just to get comfortable in our system. This player would need to get here as soon as possible to get to know our players and to see if she fits in as chemistry is very important (remember the issue with the one we do not talk about). And the question I would ask is what do you expect from this new post?I looked at the stats for the two teams that beat us and the team with what was considered by many as the best post and compared some numbers with our rotation. Points scored by the post Lee KS 771, our group 519, BU Egbo 384, tx Ebo 298. Rebounds ISU 394, Lee KS 391, BU Egbo 295 and tx Ebo 257. These numbers are for the players listed as a center/5 and tx and BU at times went small and used a 4 in place of their 5 but just using the center/5 we did quite well against them.

Nobody on our team is blazing fast or lightening quick or going to jump up above another player and snatch a rebound out of the sky, things only a handful of teams have. It's not really the identity of a team that just broke the Big 12 record for threes made in a season. It's what ISU has always done. However, on CF we only point out the posts aren't all-stars. I think it's a thing with ISU WBB fans. ;) I'd swear "we" do this every single year.

I would point out that pulling stats for Egbo is maybe a little misleading since it's the combo platter of BOTH Smith and Egbo (Smith guarding Joens) together that's the front court issue for us along with fast/quick guards. Even so Baylor got punked at Waco by South Dakota and someone needs to point out the Coyotes all-star uber athletic super-post to me.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Agree with what you are saying and I did point out the numbers were ONLY for their listed center/5 players. I did not use numbers for Ny when she was playing the 5 in that one set we have used. My point was some on here think all we need is one new center and everything will be great and it takes a TEAM effort game in game out.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I keep seeing people calling for the staff to go to the portal and get a big to replace our current players. This is not a quick fix as you need to find a fr or soph who can give us 2-3 years as it will take a yera just to get comfortable in our system. This player would need to get here as soon as possible to get to know our players and to see if she fits in as chemistry is very important (remember the issue with the one we do not talk about). And the question I would ask is what do you expect from this new post?I looked at the stats for the two teams that beat us and the team with what was considered by many as the best post and compared some numbers with our rotation. Points scored by the post Lee KS 771, our group 519, BU Egbo 384, tx Ebo 298. Rebounds ISU 394, Lee KS 391, BU Egbo 295 and tx Ebo 257. These numbers are for the players listed as a center/5 and tx and BU at times went small and used a 4 in place of their 5 but just using the center/5 we did quite well against them.
What you’re missing is what happened when the current posts had to play against more athletic players.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Nobody on our team is blazing fast or lightening quick or going to jump up above another player and snatch a rebound out of the sky, things only a handful of teams have. It's not really the identity of a team that just broke the Big 12 record for threes made in a season. It's what ISU has always done. However, on CF we only point out the posts aren't all-stars. I think it's a thing with ISU WBB fans. ;) I'd swear "we" do this every single year.

I would point out that pulling stats for Egbo is maybe a little misleading since it's the combo platter of BOTH Smith and Egbo (Smith guarding Joens) together that's the front court issue for us along with fast/quick guards. Even so Baylor got punked at Waco by South Dakota and someone needs to point out the Coyotes all-star uber athletic super-post to me.
Geewago pointed out to me Baylor was really struggling at the tail end of the season with injuries and illness so the SDU loss wasn’t as big a surprise as one might think.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Kennedy Brown would be a homerun but she has to hit the market, first. Looks like defensively, she controls the post well and blocks shots well. Not a ton of points offensively, but she took 60 threes last year. She’s be able to continue spacing the floor so Emily, Ashley, and Lexi still can post up smaller defenders or force a double and have someone open for 3. Got my fingers crossed she wants to come closer to home
Someone posted in another thread indicating Kennedy Brown has entered the transfer portal. Could our wishful thinking have a chance?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Someone posted in another thread indicating Kennedy Brown has entered the transfer portal. Could our wishful thinking have a chance?
I did some looking last week when I first saw her name and nothing stood out. Just did it again. Now on her Twitter, Bill and Iowa State WBB follow her.

• Optimistic
Reactions: WartburgClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Since the thread was about "what will Jones do" and that's answered we can move the 2022 talk to the other threads.

More Brown talk in the general non-team Cyclone thread. As the story develops @mred will add to the 2022 recruiting thread.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

Apparently, you've never met Lexi Donarski, who was a sprinter and long jumper in high school with PRs of 12.49 and 18 feet, 2 3/4 inches in each respectively. If you watched her blow by two Georgia defenders after a steal for a layup, you would have seen that sprinter speed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron