WV got KU'd

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
WVU's problem is that if they don't force a turnover, they usually give up a good shot. They rely on Konata to cover for their guards constant trapping/gambling and eventually he can't block everything at the rim with out fouling. They also give up a boatload of open 3's. Teams just have to make them, which does not bode well for us.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Kansas winning the B12 has become bad for the league's perception. The sooner it ends the better.

Here's the problem with media perception of the Big 12:

If Kansas wins they say the league is bad because nobody beats them out. When they eventually lose they will say it is because KU is uncharacteristically weak.

KU has won when the Big 12 was tough, and other years without much of a challenge. This year the Big 12 is probably stronger top to bottom than it has ever been at any one time. And you still hear the same.

They deserve credit for their streak, but it isn't simply because the Big 12 has been bad. It hasn't.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Kansas winning the B12 has become bad for the league's perception. The sooner it ends the better.

I totally agree, especially when KU goes on to lose to a lower seeds in the Dance. It's embarrasing and is bad perception for the B12 that no other team can stop the Wooden-like run KU has pulled off (and yes I know they tied a couple-3 times) in last 13 years.

PS: Grahams' grandmother looked good decked out in her Addidas wardrobe.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
With the teams beating each other up every night, there will be a bunch of Big 12 teams in the 4-7 seed range, with maybe one as a 2.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good news: No Hillbilly conference title. They're done with that now.
The whole thing comes down to Kansas at Texas Tech unless something really wild develops.

I think we all know Tech has no shot.....just don't see them week in and week out keeping the high level they're at. I think OU has the best chance because of Young.

I honestly want KU to keep the streak until ISU ends it.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
That's been around much longer than Self.
I didn't say he INVENTED it, just that it is how he tracks it.

Kansas has now won 7 straight true road games against Top 10 teams. Let that sink in for a bit and then someone try to convince me that Self is only good because he gets good players. Find me another roster of good players that has won their last 7 true road wins vs. Top 10 teams.

For some national perspective, in their last 7 true road games vs. Top 10 teams:
Coach K and Duke are 4-3
Roy Williams and Carolina are 1-6
Tom Izzo and Michigan State are 1-6
Jay Wright and Villanova are 1-6
Bob Huggins and West Virginia are 1-6
John Calipari and Kentucky are 1-6

Again, Bill Self and Kansas are 7-0

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

If Kansas wins they say the league is bad because nobody beats them out. When they eventually lose they will say it is because KU is uncharacteristically weak.

KU has won when the Big 12 was tough, and other years without much of a challenge. This year the Big 12 is probably stronger top to bottom than it has ever been at any one time. And you still hear the same.

They deserve credit for their streak, but it isn't simply because the Big 12 has been bad. It hasn't.
I said PERCEPTION. It's not just the media, either. If I was an outsider I would probably have that opinion as well. Them losing is all kinds of good. They can save their winning for the tournament where it would make the conference look good.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I didn't say he INVENTED it, just that it is how he tracks it.

Kansas has now won 7 straight true road games against Top 10 teams. Let that sink in for a bit and then someone try to convince me that Self is only good because he gets good players. Find me another roster of good players that has won their last 7 true road wins vs. Top 10 teams.

For some national perspective, in their last 7 true road games vs. Top 10 teams:
Coach K and Duke are 4-3
Roy Williams and Carolina are 1-6
Tom Izzo and Michigan State are 1-6
Jay Wright and Villanova are 1-6
Bob Huggins and West Virginia are 1-6

Again, Bill Self and Kansas are 7-0
I think Self is a heckuva coach.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Self's method of tracking the standings for the conference is that road wins are a +1, home wins and road losses are a 0 and home losses are a -1.

Kansas +2 (3 road wins, 2 home wins, 1 home loss)

Texas Tech +1 (1 road win, 3 home wins, 1 road loss)
West Virginia +1 (2 road wins, 2 home wins, 1 road loss and 1 home loss)
Oklahoma +1 (1 road win, 3 home wins, 1 road loss)

Kansas State 0 (1 road win, 1 home win, 2 road losses, 1 home loss)
Texas 0 (1 road win, 1 home win, 2 road losses, 1 home loss)

TCU -1 (1 road win, 2 road losses, 2 home losses)
Baylor -1 (2 home wins, 3 road losses, 1 home loss)
Oklahoma State -1 (2 home wins, 3 road losses, 1 home loss)

Iowa State -2 (1 home win, 2 road losses, 2 home losses)

Tech already has 2 huge wins over the top 4, Kansas only has 1 now. Tech also negates your West Virginia road win last night.

Tech has the leg up right now, despite what your "Self" standings say. 3 wins so far against 1-4 teams doesn't mean jack.

• Agree

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The Big 12 for several years has been considered the deepest and toughest conference in America despite KU winning it so often. Everyone not on a Kentucky message board considers it to be far and away the best conference in America this year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

The odd thing is that the Big 12 as a whole looks about as good as it has...maybe ever, KU is not that good, but they'll probably come out on top.

Just watch--a Michigan or MSU will make a March run and the ESPN goobers will be in heaven.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Tech already has 2 huge wins over the top 4, Kansas only has 1 now. Tech also negates your West Virginia road win last night.

Tech has the leg up right now, despite what your "Self" standings say. 3 wins so far against 1-4 teams doesn't mean jack.
All road wins count the same in the conference standings. Tech has to go win the same games. Every week that passes, the pressure to stay ahead of KU will just crank up higher and higher. Every media session will have questions about it and it will become a "thing" that has to be managed.Maybe they'll be the team that doesn't get crushed under the pressure. If they do then hats off to them, they will have earned the conference title. But make no mistake, they feel KU in their rear view mirror now after last night.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

No one that matters says the league is bad if Kansas wins it. Unless your talking about opposing fans on national message boards, which is a dumb thing to worry about. I have not head a single legitimate person question the strength of the Big 12 at all this year because they would be laughed out of their job. So not sure where you "still hear the same".

• Agree