Would you turn it in?

If you found $1M in cash on the road, would you turn it in?

• Yes, it's the right thing to do.

• No, finder's keepers!

Results are only viewable after voting.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Finding $1 million cash on the road, I'd probably keep it. If your traveling with that much cash, the chances are that it's being used for some kind of illegal purpose. Anyone who needs to transact with that kind of money for a legitimate purpose is probably doing a wire transfer of some other electronic means.

Hubbs4cy

Oct 10, 2023
Finding $1 million cash on the road, I'd probably keep it. If your traveling with that much cash, the chances are that it's being used for some kind of illegal purpose. Anyone who needs to transact with that kind of money for a legitimate purpose is probably doing a wire transfer of some other electronic means.
but that's just it. If it's has some illegal aspect to it you've now become an accomplice to the illegal activity. If caught sure you'd maybe get away with just a slap on the wrist but man I wouldn't want to take the chance that you don't get away with just a slap. I think my breaking point would be in the 5k range. Anything higher than that I just don't think the benefits of some sort of repercussions is worth it.

Reactions: Letterkenny

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
If you find a $100 bill on the ground and no one is around, sure. You find duffle bags with a million dollars, there will probably be someone looking for it, either good or bad. So you'd be sitting there with all that money worrying about being found.

Additionally, it would be hard to hide a million dollars for nearly everyone outside of Warren Buffet or Bill Gates, etc.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm turning it in, I don't need this guy hunting me down...

MV5BMTc4MDczMjkyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzczODI3OA@@._V1_.jpg