Worst city in Iowa?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
From a midwest perspective this is cities that others in your state hate. Everyone in Minnesota hates all the richy-rich Edina folks. That's what the list appears to be getting at.
Yeah but if that were the case there's no way CR would beat out West Des Moines.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Keokuk is deep-fried azz, though being from Fort Madison, we're not much better.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I saw Cedar Rapids pop up on Twitter today & I was surprised.
For my money Fort Dodge, Council Bluffs, Keokuk, Burlington are all worse.

What other cities would you pick? Discuss

View attachment 127346
I agree with their assessment of Bakersfield for California, although Fresno is right up there. Both are just awful.

I spent a week in Worcester, MA a while ago, for work. Stayed in what I thought was a nice enough hotel. When the office I was visiting asked me where I was staying they were like "Yikes, don't go out at night!'. I thought they were just giving me a hard time, being a hayseed from Iowa, until the boss pulled me aside later and said "Seriously, you should change hotels. They keep finding dead hookers in that one.".

And when I asked him which hotels were better, he recommended I stay out of town.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Council bluffs isn’t great, but being next to Omaha you can find things to do outside of town if you’re so inclined.

Some of the Mississippi River towns on the other hand seem pretty rough. Clinton, keokuk, ft Madison, Burlington…ottumwa also kindred spirits with those

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah a lot of clickbait cities on there..

Edina
Cedar Rapids
VA Beach
Brookings
Dallas
A good friend of mine lives in Virginia Beach and loves it. There are a lot of tourists though. And military boats and air traffic.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
This is pretty vague I guess. What are the parameters, the size range, etc.

Iowa only has 3 towns over 100K population.

If you look at a list of towns in Iowa many of the largest are suburbs or at least in Metro areas of bigger "cities" ie. West DM, Ankeney, Council Bluffs. Even Ames and IC can be considered in the Metro for DM or CR.

I have a hard time putting towns like Mason City, Ft dodge, Marshalltown in the same category as CR, DM etc. Let alone smaller towns.

Its also difficult to compare CR or DM to someplace like Chicago.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
A good friend of mine lives in Virginia Beach and loves it. There are a lot of tourists though. And military boats and air traffic.

Yeah, I’m not sure why they picked VA Beach when you have the rest of hillbilly backwoods VA to choose from.