Will the BIG10 Reverse Their Decision?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
If they get back and start playing there is no way they should be allowed in to the playoffs (although they probably will). TCU should forever earn bonus karma for being kept out in 2014 because a 12th game mattered. :mad:

Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I don't think they should be but if B1G gets at least 8 games in I think they will be eligible for the Playoff. Have too much pull unfortunately.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't think they should be but if B1G gets at least 8 games in I think they will be eligible for the Playoff. Have too much pull unfortunately.

Its not that big of a deal to me because tOSU is likely the only team they have in the running and they were going to be good enough anyway. If they run their table as it stands now they most likely would have ran their original table.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
1. I believe they will try to squeeze in 9 conference games (Oct 17,24,31; Nov 7,14,21,28; Dec 5,12) and then a championship game on Dec 19th. CFB playoff announcement is Dec 20th.
2. You know they will stack the schedule to have OSU play all the better teams and toughest of those at home in attempt to claim hard schedule and deserve in playoffs.

Arrogant as always to assume playoff committee should wait until night before to choose teams when everyone else will be done week before.

Any COVID flareup where they have to postpone/reschedule a game and they are done.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
1. I believe they will try to squeeze in 9 conference games (Oct 17,24,31; Nov 7,14,21,28; Dec 5,12) and then a championship game on Dec 19th. CFB playoff announcement is Dec 20th.
2. You know they will stack the schedule to have OSU play all the better teams and toughest of those at home in attempt to claim hard schedule and deserve in playoffs.

Arrogant as always to assume playoff committee should wait until night before to choose teams when everyone else will be done week before.

Any COVID flareup where they have to postpone/reschedule a game and they are done.
Yeah I think they will schedule 1 Bye Week in in case of COVID postponement. 8 regular season games & the Title Game on the 19th.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

I don't think they will have that many teams playing. They will be counting on the "eye test" rather than actual results, same as it's always been in college football.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

No bye weeks?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I’m not completely sold on them playing, at least starting in Oct. I just feel like if a decision was already made and the vote happened, there would be leaks coming from every direction. But Nebraska is the only school to leak and now it looks like it was taken out of context?

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Brandon

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Yeah I think they will schedule 1 Bye Week in in case of COVID postponement. 8 regular season games & the Title Game on the 19th.
But that puts them two data points down. They could argue one but two would be tough. Do you take a 10-1 conference championship loser or a 9-0 BIG champion?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

No problem for them to be eligible with 8 conference games. 3 of their 4 non-conference games were cupcakes before anyways.

My only problem is if they talk about pushing back the playoffs to accommodate their incompetence. The playoff selection date is scheduled along with the playoff dates. If they have enough games in to warrant consideration by that date, they are in. If not, sorry.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No problem for them to be eligible with 8 conference games. 3 of their 4 non-conference games were cupcakes before anyways.

My only problem is if they talk about pushing back the playoffs to accommodate their incompetence. The playoff selection date is scheduled along with the playoff dates. If they have enough games in to warrant consideration by that date, they are in. If not, sorry.
TV wise I couldn't see them pushing back the playoffs.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
But that puts them two data points down. They could argue one but two would be tough. Do you take a 10-1 conference championship loser or a 9-0 BIG champion?
This year I don't think missed "data points" are going to matter and if that undefeated is Ohio State or even Penn State I would bet a lot of money that they would be in.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's crazy how the B1G went from unsafe to potentially best case scenario having one bye week from when anticipated startup would be and the playoffs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron