Will the BIG10 Reverse Their Decision?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
One thing for sure has come out of all of this. I don't think the Big 10 is any more or less stable than any other conference at this point, with the exception of the Pac 10. Several schools in the Big 10 are clearly upset with the other members.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Our resident infectious disease expert chimes in...

So the teams that are playing doesn't have to do with politics?

Going outside right now in Washington/Cali/Oregon is not safe due to other circumstances even if they were looking at a season.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I’m getting pretty tired of this line. California politics isn’t in flux or moveable.

None of these people can explain how not playing football would be politically beneficial for anyone. I think saying or writing the word "politics" makes them think they've come to some profound conclusion about the state of the world...

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
None of these people can explain how not playing football would be politically beneficial for anyone. I think saying or writing the word "politics" makes them think they've come to some profound conclusion about the state of the world...

It’s about a 3 to 1 Dem/Rep split in the CA legislature. The Presidential electoral votes have gone to Dems since 1992. There’s no political play to make there.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad and Rural

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah that's a terrible take by CW and very generic and 'talking piece' in form.

You have towns literally burning to the ground right now. 'Why no football!?'

Reactions: Halincandenza

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm going to go on record saying by the time the Big 10 kicks off in late October the football landscape will look different than now. It just seems to me like this is going to trend towards being untenable within the next few weeks as teams have to cancel games.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm going to go on record saying by the time the Big 10 kicks off in late October the football landscape will look different than now. It just seems to me like this is going to trend towards being untenable within the next few weeks as teams have to cancel games.
It would be hilarious if the other conferences suddenly saw a need to shut it down between now and then. And now that it's clear we aren't gonna be any good this year I wouldn't even be that upset about it.

Reactions: Halincandenza

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

How many games were played versus being postponed last week? The vast majority went off without a hitch.