Why is Lucca Staiger an almost complete bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
If that was a serious post, wow. Complete bust because he shot 33% from 3 in one game? If that constitutes a bust give us 5 more of them. If you want to base a players season on a single game how about his 6 threes against Neb. or 7 (or 8?) against Drake.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
From conception until sexual differentiation all mammalian fetuses within the same species look the same, regardless of sex. In humans this lasts for around 14 weeks after which, genetically-male fetuses begin producing male hormones such as testosterone. Usually, males' nipples do not change much past this point.
Most useful post in this whole thread!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think that his knee must be hurting more than we know. He appeared to have almost zero vertical at the beginning of the year. Actually looks to be getting a little better. The guard play is why MU killed the clones yesterday. DG must have missed 7 layups yesterday. After a while MU was just leaving an open lane to the basket because they knew the ISU guards couldn't finish at the rim.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I am more than a little disappointed in Lucca's performance this year. I expected more. I blame this on his total reliance on the 3-point shot. In yesterday's game at Missouri he was 2-for-6 for 3-pointers and had NO points inside the 3-point line. He really, really, really needs to develop an "inside" game. It isn't like he's really short. Nebraska, for example, has only 4 players taller than him, and they are doing better than us so far this year.

And I thought the "what will Jamie be remembered for" thread was the loser post of the day.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
3208375500_76935df8ba_o.jpg

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
I am more than a little disappointed in Lucca's performance this year. I expected more. I blame this on his total reliance on the 3-point shot. In yesterday's game at Missouri he was 2-for-6 for 3-pointers and had NO points inside the 3-point line. He really, really, really needs to develop an "inside" game. It isn't like he's really short. Nebraska, for example, has only 4 players taller than him, and they are doing better than us so far this year.

I suggest you pay attention to the old saying: It's better to remain quiet and have people wonder if you're a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
The only thing about Lucca that has been a disappointment for me is his handle. It's something he really needs to address. Otherwise, I love the guy. As good as shooter as he was advertised, good competitor and he seems like a good kid.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
This is stupid ******* stupid. He has all of 3 Big 12 games under his belt and he is a bust already. ******* stupid. After his Sr year we will see if he is a bust. My gosh.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
He hasn't played at the same level as Melo did in his first year, so i would say that he is a bust.:jimlad:

C

Cyclone42

I read all the replies. They fall into one of two categories: (1) replies that attack my personally; or (2) replies that say, basically, that it is fine that he has about 5 points this year inside the 3-point line.

My point is that he could be doing so much more for us. We really need more points from the paint, and with his height and size there is absolutely no excuse that he can't score inside.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
My point is that he could be doing so much more for us. We really need more points from the paint, and with his height and size there is absolutely no excuse that he can't score inside.

Then using the term bust is stupid if that's the point you wanted to make.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I read all the replies. They fall into one of two categories: (1) replies that attack my personally; or (2) replies that say, basically, that it is fine that he has about 5 points this year inside the 3-point line.

and DG could be doing so much more for us, and Brackins could be doing so much more for us, and Vanderbeken could be doing so much more for us, as could every other player...are you really that clueless? Just so you know, we did outscore Missouri in the paint, and look what that did for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.