Who's On Pollard's Short List?

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Jim Leonhard would be worth a shot. Probably could get him cheap too. The guy is good enough that he almost got the Wisconsin job and apparently players absolutely love him.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Construction crews not getting the Pollard and Light district done soon enough.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I think we all got way too excited in 2020. ISU is still a bottom football program. We have a year or two where it looks up and we want to pronounce us a competitive program, but still no. 2020 was an unusually high water mark, but same floundering after. Somehow got NFL talent here but now nothing to replace it.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I’m not convinced Pollard spends much time assessing coaching hires. He’s all about infrastructure. If a coach does well, that’s a bonus (and he gives them a massive contract extension if they put together a good season or a couple of huge wins). Sometimes it works long-term, sometimes not.

• Agree
Reactions: tavrncy and 67CY

CycloneShires

Jul 6, 2022
A) We're at least 1-2 years out unless there is a secrete alum / booster with cash who is pissed.

B) Short of that, I don't mind Fritz but hell no on the other three. Albin, no. Golesh, I wish was the OC here and actually running his offense but I don't know about as a HC just yet and Leonhard as proven nothing as a HC.
Are we really talking about firing the most successful coach in school history.