• OSU

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • USC

Votes: 167 91.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
All the big10 has done is be slightly below the SEC which they are. I think it's pretty general knowledge the SEC has been the best and big10 #2. We're talking USC and the pac this year. I don't really care about Oregon beating Michigan a couple years ago. Only reason people remember is because it was a surprise. Pac12 football is not on par with the big10. Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State could have easily won the pac this year. All 3 would have probably won the big12. SEC? LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia all would have won also. Time will tell. I don't think Michigan or the big10 will win it all this year either, but if there wasn't an SEC option I'd say they would. Michigan/Georgia would be far more competitive than Georgia/USC. What's USC done anyway. Look at their schedule. Lot of close games against so so schools..We'll know in Jan
Sorry but the Big Ten and slightly below the SEC is not true. How so? Ohio State and up until last year and this year Michigan is all they have. Penn State would not win the PAC 12 or Big 12 this year. They are always a paper tiger. This years Pac 12 as a whole is better than the Big Ten imo. Don’t truly care what the analytics say, I use my eyes. The SEC is far and away the best conference. This year and this year only, I think the Pac 12 is better than the Big Ten.

I don’t prescribe to the transitive property at all, but one could also argue Penn State and Iowa State beat the same Ohio team by almost the exact same score one week apart. And we suck.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Sorry but the Big Ten and slightly below the SEC is not true. How so? Ohio State and up until last year and this year Michigan is all they have. Penn State would not win the PAC 12 or Big 12 this year. They are always a paper tiger. This years Pac 12 as a whole is better than the Big Ten imo. Don’t truly care what the analytics say, I use my eyes. The SEC is far and away the best conference. This year and this year only, I think the Pac 12 is better than the Big Ten.

I don’t prescribe to the transitive property at all, but one could also argue Penn State and Iowa State beat the same Ohio team by almost the exact same score one week apart. And we suck.
Doesn't matter when your playing to get into a 4 team playoff. Big10 has had Ohio State who year in year out are as good the SEC schools. Clemson kept throwing a wrench into the big10's shot. Again, that's the past. Honestly, if USC and Ohio State were to play next weekend who u taking?

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
If Georgia loses in the conference championship game, they are most likely still in,
If Michigan loses in the conference championship game, who goes?
If USC loses in the conference championship game, who goes?
If TCU loses in the conference championship game, who goes?
Any combination of these will have heads spinning.
I'm looking forward to the chaos.

• Winner
Reactions: MisterO

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I know this doesn't matter anymore, but how in the world was LSU at #5 before this weekend..... with 2 losses?

They lost to Florida State... and got absolutely destroyed by Tennessee.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Doesn't matter when your playing to get into a 4 team playoff. Big10 has had Ohio State who year in year out are as good the SEC schools. Clemson kept throwing a wrench into the big10's shot. Again, that's the past. Honestly, if USC and Ohio State were to play next weekend who u taking?
USC no joke. The Buckeye defense is horrible.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
There's nothing equal in USC playing a pac12 schedule to OSU's big10. OSU would beat USC by at least 3 td's

Outside of michigan, the big10 is really really really bad. The last place big12 team beat the team that almost made the championship game.

Reactions: BCClone

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
OSU just got drubbed on their home field. Didn't even win division. USC all day if they win Pac 12.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
While I think it should be USC, it's OSU and the CFP we're talking about - and the CFP is always treating itself like OSU's personal onahole.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
OSU just got drubbed on their home field. Didn't even win division. USC all day if they win Pac 12.
To be fair, if the B1G didn't have divisions like the Pac doesn't, Ohio State would be in the B1G Championship Game just like USC is vs. a Utah team that already beat them. I still have USC over Ohio State, but not winning their division is not an apples to apples comparison.

QBEagles

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 11, 2014
Not sure what they'll do this week, but I'm pretty sure the order after next week will be:

Georgia if they win
Michigan if they win
TCU if they win
USC if they win
Georgia if they lose (might stay ahead of USC, but won't fall further)
Michigan if they lose (won't fall past Ohio State)
Ohio State (needs TCU or USC to lose)

There's an argument for 1-loss TCU over 1-loss tOSU, but the committee's already set the precedent on that. If both TCU and USC lose it gets interesting between TCU, Bama, and maybe Clemson and Tennessee. I think it should be TCU then, but a name brand will probably win out.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There's nothing equal in USC playing a pac12 schedule to OSU's big10. OSU would beat USC by at least 3 td's

We don't know how USC would do in a hypothetical game against OSU.

We do know they just got destroyed at home and won't win their own division.

It's simply my opinion that USC deserves a shot in the CFP more than the team that just got destroyed. OSU had their chance to get in and got lit up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
To be fair, if the B1G didn't have divisions like the Pac doesn't, Ohio State would be in the B1G Championship Game just like USC is vs. a Utah team that already beat them. I still have USC over Ohio State, but not winning their division is not an apples to apples comparison.

That's the Big 10's choice. That's not my problem.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
USC would torch OSU this year. Ryan Day just isn’t a good coach and his defense got gashed through the air by a Michigan team who’s very bad at throwing the ball. Michigan could run all over USC but I don’t know if they could stop their attack so would be a very interesting match that I hope we get in the playoff.

• Winner
Reactions: jctisu

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
If Georgia loses in the conference championship game, they are most likely still in,
If Michigan loses in the conference championship game, who goes?
If USC loses in the conference championship game, who goes?
If TCU loses in the conference championship game, who goes?
Any combination of these will have heads spinning.
I'm looking forward to the chaos.
And this my friends- this is why we LOVE college football!

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
OSU is 2-11 all time against SEC teams in bowl games with an average margin of loss of 11. They’re 5-12-1 all time against the SEC. OSU is not at the same level as top SEC teams.

Last year alone, the Big 10 champ lost to the SEC champ 34-11. The Big 10 is miles behind the SEC like everyone else.

And I would take USC over OSU this year.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

But they do have divisions. And Ohio State didn't win it. So Ohio St can't win the Big 10. We already know Michigan is a lot better than them so why put them in the top 4? If USC beats Utah, it's a no brainer. Even the media/ESPN can't argue with this.

Reactions: jctisu

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Ohio State and Justin Fields were curb stomped by Bama a couple of years ago weren't they? Lost by 30? Gave up 50 plus?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

There is one way to compare them. They both played Notre Dame.

Both won by 11. OSU had to come back in the 4th. USC controlled the whole game. Notre Dame is a much better team than they were in September. Who has Ohio State played/beaten on that vastly superior Big 10 schedule? Penn State? Please.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron