• OSU

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • USC

Votes: 167 91.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Different Era and Different System, but 2001 Nebraska and 2003 Oklahoma from the Big Xii say "Hi".

FWIW, I would rank Michigan #01 and Georgia #02. I hope I'm not turning into a B1G Dork!

:)

Yes different system because of situations like that. If there wasn't anyone else deserving like USC who dominated a ranked team, there may be an argument for tOSU.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Different Era and Different System, but 2001 Nebraska and 2003 Oklahoma from the Big Xii say "Hi".

FWIW, I would rank Michigan #01 and Georgia #02. I hope I'm not turning into a B1G Dork!

:)
Before they talked about SOS and said Michigan played no one. (I think they thought OSU would win). One slipped up and said TCU was 20 spots higher than OSU and OSU was 56. 56 means the average quality of team you played was the worst team in the P5. That’s an awful SOS.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Yes different system because of situations like that. If there wasn't anyone else deserving like USC who dominated a ranked team, there may be an argument for tOSU.
U.S.C should be ahead of Ohio State this week. A Trojan win in the Pac Championship Game will definitely seal that deal. Not even tripping about that. Ohio State needs chaos to make the CFP.

• Agree
Reactions: MisterO

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Before they talked about SOS and said Michigan played no one. (I think they thought OSU would win). One slipped up and said TCU was 20 spots higher than OSU and OSU was 56. 56 means the average quality of team you played was the worst team in the P5. That’s an awful SOS.
Michigan's SOS was AWFUL before the Ohio State game, and it is still below .500 after the win. However, the curb stomping @ Ohio State is probably the single best win by any team this season (so far). I think that means something. Michigan is very, very good on their best day.

Reactions: isutrevman

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
This...I believe I read that TCU has more Top 25 wins than tOSU and Michigan COMBINED! Not that any of this matters as any upset in CCG games and Alabama is immediately plugged into their slot.

Last edited:
Reactions: VeloClone

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Don't you have to at least make your conf championship to make the playoff? OR was that just talked about and never acted on?
No. It already happened once where Alabama didn’t play for SEC title but made the playoff with one loss.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Don't you have to at least make your conf championship to make the playoff? OR was that just talked about and never acted on?
Penn State says hello from a few years ago when Ohio State made it in over them despite the following:

1. Lost to Penn State
2. Penn State won the division Ohio State plays in
3. Penn State won the conference Ohio State plays in

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
OSU just played Michigan. MichIgan would kill SC. So would Penn State. Doesn't matter the big10 has cellar teams. Top heavy conference, but really top heavy. Like saying Georgia is in a weak conference because of it's weaker league teams..dumb
OSU is good because they best a highly ranked team that even the game day people were laughing at Michigans schedule and saying it proved they had t played anyone? That’s circular logic there. The big ten is SO AWFUL that a team we beat (worst team in the big 12) nearly played in their CCG.

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
There's nothing equal in USC playing a pac12 schedule to OSU's big10. OSU would beat USC by at least 3 td's
I dunno…I’m not arguing the Pac12 is a strong conference, but the BIG certainly isn’t either. Both conferences seem similar to me in that they both have some ranked teams (besides their top team), but lots of weak teams.

Pac12 has Utah, Oregon, Oregon St, and Washington. BIG has tOSU, Penn St., and maybe Illinois as teams that have been ranked for a good chunk of the season. So, I’d say it’s a toss-up if we’re arguing conference strength.

USC vs tOSU in a head-to-head match up…I’m not sure tOSU is as dominant as you think. They both beat an above-average ND team by a comfy margin. It would be a shootout and I’d give the edge to USC given tOSU’s pitiful display on defense yesterday.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
OSU just played Michigan. MichIgan would kill SC. So would Penn State. Doesn't matter the big10 has cellar teams. Top heavy conference, but really top heavy. Like saying Georgia is in a weak conference because of it's weaker league teams..dumb
Penn State is, and almost always is, one of the most overrated teams in the country every year. They feast on the crap that is the big 10. And get beaten easily by Michigan and Ohio State.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
There's nothing equal in USC playing a pac12 schedule to OSU's big10. OSU would beat USC by at least 3 td's
Yeah, I mean, who in the Pac-12 could possibly be as good as Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Michigan State, and Norhtwestern. Ohio States schedule was a total joke.

They played exactly 3 good teams all year, barely beat Notre Dame, got smoked by Michigan, and Penn State is even debatable whether they are good since they didn't beat anybody.

This is stupid take.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
No. It already happened once where Alabama didn’t play for SEC title but made the playoff with one loss.
and beat # 01 Undefeated ACC Champion Clemson in the Sugar Bowl and SEC Champion Georgia @ Atlanta in the National Championship Game.

This year's Alabama would lose to any of the CFP contenders.