Who will be the guest picker?

rubberhead

Sep 11, 2019
Yeah, we’re really missing out on not having the Tom Arnold types in our corner. The hawk associated famous people are the butt of jokes.

Well since Gameday isnt in Iowa City, and the title of the thread was for the guest picker this weekend, not sure what you are saying. Personally, I think GameDay is stupid and would hope that Dear Abby would make the picks when in Iowa City

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Give me a name? Whos is the famous fan or player thats going to show up on the stage? And would this person be better than the Butter Cow?
You're making fun of Seneca but I feel like his name might be bringing up some bad memories.. You okay? Let it out

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Give me a name? Whos is the famous fan or player thats going to show up on the stage? And would this person be better than the Butter Cow?

Who cares? I mean, sure it would be neat to have an A list type alum, but I've literally not once thought about that until this week and won't again until next time.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Paxton Williams, the guy who does a great job of impersonating George Washington Carver. Talk about someone with national significance and ISU connections. There is no one bigger than George Washington Carver. Plus, teach the young-uns some history.

May as well just have Mr. Peanut.

rubberhead

Sep 11, 2019
Mods - please update this Hok's username to "condomhead". It is essentially the same thing as his current username, but it includes a reservoir tip to hold all his waste.

I wonder how many calls ESPN made to celebrities.
ESPN: "Would you like to fly to Ames this weekend to be our guest picker?"
Celebrity: "Where?"

• Funny
Reactions: CYdTracked

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Imagine feeling some sort of validation in your fandom because a random celebrity might also be a fan of the same team. Strange, strange folks.
And listen, I love Ashton Kutcher, but the dude grew up in eastern Iowa and I believe attended Iowa for a bit as well. Of course he's an Iowa fan. It's not like there's a random A list celebrity with no ties to Iowa who's a huge Hawk fan.