Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Two FCS teams on the schedule? Bold strategy, Cotton.
I am guessing bowls are not likely. If there are bowls, I think they'll not hold it against teams playing 2 FCS opponents due to the circumstances.

Logistically, it makes the most sense. Plus Pollard is close with Harris, and he is likely to help them out if he can due to them not getting to play Iowa.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Have a hard time believing there will be fcs teams payed to come play in a half empty(best case scenario) stadium.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Talking odds of death my friend. Didn't say a word about nature of contagious. If you have it and are in a wide age range and otherwise healthy is what was stated.

You keeping your kids home from school if school is in person? We are sending ours. Good if you don't though then the rest can more easily social distance in rooms.

So you’re wiling to harm teachers and other school personnel?

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I would try to schedule a home and home with any P5 school interested. Mizzou or Arkansas would be my first two choices based on geography. Vanderbilt would be fun again and a really nice road trip.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
So lets go out on a limb and say football happens and the big 12 doesnt go conference only.

The only game lost so far is a road game. The only tickets allowed in JTS will be season tickets, which are already sold, so they couldnt really raise the price retroactively.

I doubt ISU AD is going to cut a check to some G5 school for what would be almost zero additional revenue. They could try to sell it as a single game i guess, but that would probably go over poorly.

I think in that scenario, it's an easy solution. Give people who bought season tickets first shot at the extra game keeping their seats at the average ticket price for that seat. Then open it up to single game sales for those season ticket holders who pass on it. They'd get up to the 30k pretty quickly.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You can't replace a frenemy like Iowa. You just need to move on with your life with some hookers and blow to tide you over.

Reactions: 20eyes

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’m not sure why scheduling another team automatically means isu loses money. We hold the cards here and can name our price. G5 and FCS schools are F’d this year.

I think it would be cool if the b12 took a different approach then conference only because honestly it’s no safer than having a regular schedule. If anything you limit who you can play by region for noncon. Only in state or border states would make more sense to me.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Big Ten commish and Gene Smith laying foundation for no football with evening remarks.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...e-ad-pessimistic-for-college-football-season/
Regardless of how this plays out (I think the season will be cancelled) I think the conference only decision by the b10 is a good move. Tells me that the NCAA has abdicated their responsibility. There will likely be no set of common rules for the member institutions. This way the B10 can enforce their set of rules on all the games played. Given their academic reputations, I think the b10 and PAC 12 are best positioned to put player and fan safety above all other considerations. (That statement should get me some dislikes.)

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
My fear is we're going to get the 1998 Cy-Hawk game on a loop for the entire season

They shouldn't play....but the $$$ is too big.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Logistically, it makes the most sense. Plus Pollard is close with Harris, and he is likely to help them out if he can due to them not getting to play Iowa.

ISU currently has USD on 9/5. UNI is open.
ISU is currently open on 9/12. UNI is at Idaho State.

Are USD and/or Idaho State going to be told to pound sand just so UNI can get paid? They're both expecting revenue, too.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I feel like the ship has probably sailed on sports for this fall but I'm hopeful that will be the catalyst needed for people to take the steps so that we can have sports in the spring.

You're hilarious.

Here is my thing - I think conference only games with no fans is the absolute worst case scenario. We're going back to school in the fall in most places, on campus. We're going back to school in most places in some capacity in elementary/middle/high school. I went to PetSmart yesterday and I was the only person in there wearing a mask and people were petting each other's dogs and all kinds of stuff.

I don't mean to be a pessimist but this thing isn't going away and it isn't getting better, and losing college sports (of which probably 25% of the population gives any sort of crap about) isn't going to be a motivating factor.

Reactions: Gunnerclone
Status
Not open for further replies.