Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Assuming the Big 12 goes this route, I wonder if they would look at temporarily adding 2 teams to the conference like the ACC with Notre Dame? I wouldn't mind seeing them bring in BYU and either a Memphis, Cincinnati, or Boise St for the year. Otherwise you're looking at playing a couple teams twice, unless they just want 9 games total.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Let's say all of college football gets cancelled this year.... could they then just move this year's entire schedule to next season?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
would love ton poach the AZ schools but I don’t see it happening. Randomly generate a couple home and homes and call it a day.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
May just have to start mentally preparing for the season to get cancelled and for Purdy and Kolar to declare for the draft.

Reactions: CyBobby

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If there were some sort of SEC/ Big 12 alliance thing. No way TV doesn't let Texas vs Aggie and Missouri vs Kansas happen.

I guess Texas still has that LSU game scheduled. :thinking.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Would all these players be required to sign a waiver to play?

And if so, would you let your kid sign it? Or go even further, would you sign it if it required a parent signature?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Let's say all of college football gets cancelled this year.... could they then just move this year's entire schedule to next season?

Unlikely. Far too many contracts in place going years out.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Assuming the Big 12 goes this route, I wonder if they would look at temporarily adding 2 teams to the conference like the ACC with Notre Dame? I wouldn't mind seeing them bring in BYU and either a Memphis, Cincinnati, or Boise St for the year. Otherwise you're looking at playing a couple teams twice, unless they just want 9 games total.

Why would we add 2 teams if we are going to play 10 games? That would leave each team short one team and would not come out even.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Unlikely. Far too many contracts in place going years out.

All of those can't all just move another year out too?

I know I'm probably not thinking of something here. But if there is no college football on any level this year, couldn't everything just move one year out?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Why would we add 2 teams if we are going to play 10 games? That would leave each team short one team and would not come out even.
Are conferences already settling on 10 game seasons? Honestly not sure. If that's the case, then it makes sense to stay put. If they want an 11 game season, it would be kind of fun to see 2 teams added for the season.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
All of those can't all just move another year out too?

I know I'm probably not thinking of something here. But if there is no college football on any level this year, couldn't everything just move one year out?

Different seasons have different numbers of weeks, plenty of games are at neutral sites that hold other events that may already be scheduled, etc. Plus these contracts arent all held by one entity, everyone would have to agree on the changes. All for little benefit when there probably isnt much difference overall from just running the next year's schedule as originally scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.