Which Team of ISU Basketball Players Would You Pick?

Which team would you pick to have the best season of college basketball?

• Team 1

Votes: 38 26.8%
  • Team 2

Votes: 77 54.2%
  • Team 3

Votes: 19 13.4%
  • Team 4

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Team 5

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Not an easy task. I can see strengths in each.

I'm trying to pay attention to the detail "best full season" (not which team would be best head-to-head against the others in a one-off). Not sure how "much" that matters, but ...

This poll also reminds me how few true Bigs we've had in recent years.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Team 1

PG: Hunter
SG: Naz
SF: Burton
PF: Niang
C: Hogue

oh baby. Probably would struggle on D though.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
My issue with team 5 is how many left the program. Lard and Godfrey were probably both top 5 bigs in terms of controlling the paint for us and both had negative exits. Lindell was just weird. And Bolton gets **** on by some insiders for his ability to be a teammate.

From a pure basketball standpoint, Team 5 beats every team, easily. But even Steve Kerr didn’t enjoy getting punched in the face by Michael Jordan.

But, Steve Kerr got three rings because of Jordan.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Team 2 for me. Royce and Haliburton surrounded by good shooters at basically every other position is kind of insane. Not that any team wouldn't be great, though. Team 5 is super intriguing to me, too. So much talent but as someone else said, probably would need a great coach to get the most out of them.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My choice: Team 2 has the best balance of offense and defense. Royce was a huge mismatch and having him and Hali on the floor at the same time would be a blast to watch. Thug Life, Babb, Hali, Clyburn and Allen are all decent 3 point threats and there's good depth without a big drop-off. Bowie might not see the floor a lot.

Team 5: This was my second choice. The most athletic team top to bottom that could create havoc driving to the hoop. It came down liking team 2's defense just a little more. If Lard is in peak form all the time, the difference between the two is razor thin.

Team 1 - This team has some really creative scorers with Georges, Naz and Burton, but Naz is probably the most consistent outside threat and that could cause issues. A dominant big would also give them trouble since they'd be playing a smaller lineup. Solid depth top to bottom, especially if you get good Gabe. Despite having rebounding monster/toothpick chewing/karate kick dealing Dustin Hogue in there, I could see team rebounding as their Achilles heel.

Team 3 - That guard play would be fun to watch. Some good ball handlers and clutch dudes in there. Post defense and rebounding keeps me from picking them higher. I think lack of long-term players is making my opinion biased as well.

Team 4 - IMO, the toughest team that would scrap harder than others, but Diante is probably my lowest rated PG of the bunch and that's what would keep me from picking them. And that sucks, because there are a lot of names on that team that I miss watching.

Reactions: cyclones500

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Team 4 doesn't have a big.

Thought that too, but Hogue and Ejim are listed as the exact same height and weight on College Reference so if Hogue counts as a big (which I always thought) then I would consider Ejim just as big, even though he very much was not

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Thought that too, but Hogue and Ejim are listed as the exact same height and weight on College Reference so if Hogue counts as a big (which I always thought) then I would consider Ejim just as big, even though he very much was not
Hogue isn't a big either. Team 1 had Solomon and Georges.

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
I think the key is we're voting for which team would have the best season, not which team would win head to head. Throw each of these teams into the Big 12, and I'd say Team 1 would come out with the best record. Most defined roles, best go to mismatch/scorer, best depth, and I think would compete the best defensively and on the glass. They would be the most consistent Team over the course of a season, but maybe a little lower ceiling than teams 2, 3, or 5.
Team 2 would be the most dangerous in any 1 game, but over the course of the season would have some cold stretches. I also think Hali would defer more to Royce and others and would look like Freshman Hali (still really good, and efficient).
Team 5's 5 best players all play combo guard. They also have the most ego on that team, which over a season is harder to manage. They have the most shot getters, but there's only one ball.