What's up with Womochil?

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
Seems that winning takes care of anything. Win and everyone loves you. No matter what your name is or where you came from

Wrong. Lombardi wins and everyone hates him.

Maybe Lombardi will take the Jeff job. The man is absolutely amazing and is god's gift to football. I bet he can successfully coach both Wash and Jeff at the same time!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Maybe Lombardi will take the Jeff job. The man is absolutely amazing and is god's gift to football. I bet he can successfully coach both Wash and Jeff at the same time!

He might think he could actually do that! But I know for a fact that his boss loves him...that matters!

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012

some of the most hated coaches are the most successful. I guess some people like to be unsucssful and like themselves, rather than win.

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012

he is doing baseball, football and track. three of the major sports at wash and they all seem to be pretty successful.

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012

seem that eveyone on the NY giants hated Tom Coughlin a few years ago and wanted him gone. two super bowls later ... the man is loved

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
But this isn't college... high school coaching isn't a year round job (sans Lombardi at Wash). If Womo was going to coach Jeff in the fall, why would he quit in the winter? He's not doing much coaching in February at the high school level, right?

Also, I don't think he's on paid leave. He resigned.

I have no inside info on his situation. Others have said he'll be back in the fall to be on the staff at Jeff. What my guess is that's his fall back . I think he's looking for a job around Ames that would allow him to stay. Otherwise CPR wouldn't be bringing him in. CPR should make a great reference don't you think? But you still don't leave your teaching position till you find something else.

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
he is doing baseball, football and track. three of the major sports at wash and they all seem to be pretty successful.

For the last time... no one is saying that Lombardi hasn't been successfull on the football field. We're simply stating no one likes the guy.

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012
I have no inside info on his situation. Others have said he'll be back in the fall to be on the staff at Jeff. What my guess is that's his fall back . I think he's looking for a job around Ames that would allow him to stay. Otherwise CPR wouldn't be bringing him in. CPR should make a great reference don't you think? But you still don't leave your teaching position till you find something else.

He will be back in the fall at Jeff. It has came out already. That was also in his negotiations package. He has two kids in school at Jeff. He does not want to miss in their athletics and growing up. I don’t know if he will be teaching at Jeff but he can’t give up the 65-75K he is making in CR teaching to be a volunteer. He will not make that much in Ames as a first year teacher/coach.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He will be back in the fall at Jeff. It has came out already. That was also in his negotiations package. He has two kids in school at Jeff. He does not want to miss in their athletics and growing up. I don’t know if he will be teaching at Jeff but he can’t give up the 65-75K he is making in CR teaching to be a volunteer. He will not make that much in Ames as a first year teacher/coach.

Why wouldn't the kids move with him?

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com

It's a lot easier to do all that when you don't have to, you know, actually teach classes or anything. Lombardi and his wife are both on paid education staff at Wash, but Ralph doesn't really ask them to do much in the classroom. That's what I hear, anyway.

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012
CyFin = Lombardi's wife???

CyFin is definitely in love with the dude...

I guess I don’t understand all the hate that is going around. If everyone hated him why do they play for him and play well for him. You would think his numbers would be down in football and baseball but there not.

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012
It's a lot easier to do all that when you don't have to, you know, actually teach classes or anything. Lombardi and his wife are both on paid education staff at Wash, but Ralph doesn't really ask them to do much in the classroom. That's what I hear, anyway.

Wash made the commitment to Lombardi to win. And that is what he does for them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Isn't there a high school board for this. I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a high school section at a game or something. This topic already had a thread or two before this one.

He's going to be a volunteer coach, if you want to discuss his high school coaching go to Iowapreps or something. The position is about as relevant has the the guy who replaces the cleats on the shoes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron