What is going on in recruiting this weekend

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

Eric Pratt

@MessengerSports

·
9h

Iowa head coach Tom Brands and assistant Ryan Morningstar, Minnesota head coach Brandon Eggum, and Iowa State assistants Brent Metcalf and Derek St. John were among those in attendance at the Fort Dodge-SE Polk dual inside the FDSH gym on Thursday. #iahswr

Reactions: stuclone

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Are we recruiting?
Wyatt Voelker West Delaware So
And is he related to Eric Voelker?

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
He is only a sophomore and his family is all Hawk fans so I doubt we have a chance.

Vet - I get what your saying and once upon a time that was the case... However, here's another point of view:
Fact: Our current coaches are mostly Hawks.
Opinion: This changes the game on recruiting "family Hawk fans" so I'd think we would have a chance.
Fact: We have some pretty good upper weight guys in our program (Miklus & Gadson) that should attract some talent.
Opinion: I hope our coaches don't have the same doubtful outlook.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Vet - I get what your saying and once upon a time that was the case... However, here's another point of view:
Opinion: This changes the game on recruiting "family Hawk fans" so I'd think we would have a chance.
Fact: We have some pretty good upper weight guys in our program (Miklus & Gadson) that should attract some talent.

Trust me on this one. However I also hope our coaches are beating down his door.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Yeah, God Bless Willie but he’s not exactly a draw for recruits.

Iowa doesn’t recruit the in-staters like they used to.

Might be true on some level but their roster has a good percentage of Iowa kids and they still go hard after the studs. If Voelker develops like many think they will be after him hard.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Johnson wins 7-3. Very quick on his feet. Lots of super ducks. Doesn't like to ride

Get McNeil next. #1 in the national at 145 and committed to North Carolina. I think this is the guy that recently beat Voinovich. Very tough on top.

Last edited:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Robinson got beat 3-2 by #5 seed Dowling.

Dowling is ranked #10 by Flo
Scott is seeded #1 at ranked #6 at 145
Harkins is seeded #2 and ranked #3 at 152
Cam Robinson is seeded #4 and ranked #13 at 152
Roberts is seeded #3 and ranked #8 at 152

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Robinson has won a couple wrestlebacks. Latest one 8-3.

Paniro got pinned by McNeil. McNeil is a hammer on top. North Carolina is getting a good one there. I watched him ride the crap out of Voinovich a couple weeks ago.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Johnson wins 7-3. Very quick on his feet. Lots of super ducks. Doesn't like to ride

Get McNeil next. #1 in the national at 145 and committed to North Carolina. I think this is the guy that recently beat Voinovich. Very tough on top.

Voinovich is overrated. Exposed at WNO and has lost 3-4 regular season matches since.