Westworld

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
HBO needs a new blockbuster now that GoT has ended. They better hope they get WW right going forward.

It's too bad that instead of HBO Westworld and Sony Dark Tower movie...there wasn't just HBO Dark Tower series with the quality and scope of Game of Thrones. It was a rumor forever. There are some similarities between Dark Tower and Westworld.

A Dark Tower series would have been cheaper to produce because you could have as much as 40% take place in modern setting without much effects and still create an insane sci-fi/fantasy landscape. It may not be a coincidence if WW goes away from the wild west setting and more towards just 'slightly future' areas.

The problem with Westworld is that it doesn't need to be a series unless there is some amazing new stories and characters underneath the premise. In terms of source material it isn't a proven packaged hit with a great market tested story the way GoT, Dark Tower, Harry Potter, LotR, or other hit book/comics long series properties are.

Reactions: cycloneshort

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Looks great to me! So, I'm an idiot, but what's the song in the last half of the trailer?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I can't decide if I'm going to end up loving this series or end up being disappointed in the end.
Same.

Loved season 1, season 2 seemed convoluted for the sake of being convoluted (futilely trying to stay ahead of the internet). If they are more straightforward with this season i think it'll be good

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Season 1 was great, 2 was convoluted as all hell, but I am hoping that this season will bring it around. Per the trailer, it seems we have one major storyline we are all on, and hopefully somewhat on the same timeline, but I am guessing we won't be when we get in there. I am excited.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Season 2 was a real mess. I like the overall series enough to watch season 3 but it needs a major course correction or I'm done.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Season 2 was a real mess. I like the overall series enough to watch season 3 but it needs a major course correction or I'm done.
Convoluted, yes, but Season 2 has some of the most memorable moments so far. My favorite was “You think you know Death... but you don’t. You didn’t recognize him sitting across from you this whole time.”
And the Kiksuya episode was the best episode of the series. Period.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Convoluted, yes, but Season 2 has some of the most memorable moments so far. My favorite was “You think you know Death... but you don’t. You didn’t recognize him sitting across from you this whole time.”
And the Kiksuya episode was the best episode of the series. Period.

Could not agree more, quite possibly the best episode of television I ever watched.

• Friendly
Reactions: harimad

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Season 2 of The Wire kind of sucked and then it ended being the best television show I've seen, so I'm not going to call it quits on Westworld quite yet.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I can't decide if I'm going to end up loving this series or end up being disappointed in the end.
It'll end up like almost every other hit TV show. Have a really good base idea (season 1), be bigger hit than expected, the network will ask for more content and the show will continue a bit of a high into season 2 or 3 but by the end (season 4+) the series is too drawn out and doesn't make sense when compared to the first season or so and the ending will be disappointing.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I hit and missed watched season 2 episodes being aired before the start of 3.

It made way more sense than the first time through.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy