Westworld

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I've gone back and started watching season one again. It's good stuff.

From what I can see, Season four will be all about the Delos corporation creating an unlimited race of AI robots. Better figure out how to get Dolores back. And what to do with Aaron Paul's character? Maybe bring in Skinny Pete and Badger ...

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I thought the futuristic city scapes of this season were the best ever put on film.

Were we robbed by only having an 8 episode season instead of 10?

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I think the series has been degrading downward from season 1 to the current season.

As much as the writing room wants to hammer out a better and better story every new season, they’ll never top season one.

With season 3 I feel the story is convoluted. I was patient, but lost for some of the scenes with a deep storyline that’s impossible to remember (and I pride myself on shows that make you think/remember obscure details).

Overall, I’m losing interest in Delores and the rest of the characters. A lot of the actions scenes were boring, though it was cool when Delores got her arm shot off by the transport.

Maybe it would have been better if they stayed in the original western themed park, but I guess the story had to get bigger. Maybe they should have taken a page from the video game, Assassins’s Creed and spent a season in Viking Land or French Revolution Park. Who knows.

ultimately, I think the show has already let us in on the big reveal...We’re all part of a giant meta-layered simulation. Nothing is real.

I’ll watch season 4, but WestWorld is giving me the same vibe as The Walking Dead, where you watch because you’ve invested so much time into the show and who knows, maybe they’ll do something surprising and pull it out of the proverbial fire, but I’m not counting on that happening.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My issue at this point is there is too much duplicating of hosts and turning real people to hosts and copying characters in general. Eventually it robs the story of high stakes because it doesn't feel like any of the characters you really care about are ever going to leave the story.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I enjoyed the season. I'm still bewildered as to the verity and timing of a lot of the events. What was real? What was a simulation? When did each event take place?

I'm so confused at this point that I'm tempted to go back to r/westworld and read fan theories. But I'm holding off still, because those ******* figured everything out ahead of time in season one, and I'm not letting them spoil it for me ever again.

Problem is I'm also lost without those *******. Catch-22 here. :(

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
This season was easier to follow than last. I am still enjoying it. This season was a little short but at the same time, I prefer short to over drawn out. Although I could use more ERW in my life. Especially when she swims or wears multi-use dresses.

After the credits scene spoiler below.

Poor Stubbs being stuck in the bathtub for months/years. I am assuming Bernard retrieved a copy of Delores in the utopia.