• Yes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • No

Votes: 93 80.9%

• Total voters

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Not just Welch but the Zone had penny pitchers with a few bucks to get it, The Fox on Thursdays was 3 pitchers for $6.

I can still see the old lady smoking long cigs at the bar. I got a fox 1 lounge jacket but it is long gone.

Reactions: JP4CY

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Not just Welch but the Zone had penny pitchers with a few bucks to get it, The Fox on Thursdays was 3 pitchers for $6.
I graduated at Christmas and didn’t discover Fox until that spring semester while I was still around ames.

Fox was my favorite college bar - RIP.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I graduated at Christmas and didn’t discover Fox until that spring semester while I was still around ames.

Fox was my favorite college bar - RIP.
Fox had a small little patio outside too.
A certain night they'd push a few tables together and have a bunch of snacks. It was a great little dive.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
A certain night they'd push a few tables together and have a bunch of snacks. It was a great little dive.

I don't recall the outdoor patio? I can't recall that at all, I remember the snacks.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Can’t comment on that but I trust you.

If I recall correctly, We would usually show up around 8-9pm and close it down. Spring semester is not conducive to patio drinking (temperatures).

The karokee machine/evening sure does bring back good memories.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't recall the outdoor patio? I can't recall that at all, I remember the snacks.
Mainly for smokers. Tiny little patio on the South side of the building facing 5th St, small fence around it.

Reactions: CyCrazy

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
I was thinking the fox was Wednesday nights and hunky dorys was Thursday nights. Luke warm crappy beer but we would still go all out.

Reactions: JP4CY

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Can’t comment on that but I trust you.

If I recall correctly, We would usually show up around 8-9pm and close it down. Spring semester is not conducive to patio drinking (temperatures).

The karokee machine/evening sure does bring back good memories.
Had a gf that lived right down the street from the fox, so we hung out there a lot. They had a colorful group of characters up there taking karaoke way too seriously. But I think the best of the night did win something. All the chairs were plastic patio furniture that sometimes got busted up if there was a fight.

The one thing I remember was for $9, you could get the whole stainless steel shaker full of shots withe a stack of plastic shot glasses.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
No but I was lucky enough to live in the yellow Stanton Ave ******** apts which were a block away so could just run there if needed. I am sure there are instances...but has anyone ever pooped in the wide open toiled at Welch Ave. Station?
Cyclades? I lived there too

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cyclades? I lived there too
Had some friends that lived at Cyclades. Gravel lot behind it was sneaky big and nice to use.
Walk in to living room, kitchen behind it, two smallish bedrooms to right, two smallish bedrooms to the left.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Had some friends that lived at Cyclades. Gravel lot behind it was sneaky big and nice to use.
Walk in to living room, kitchen behind it, two smallish bedrooms to right, two smallish bedrooms to the left.
Yep, I think there were four units all the same. They weren't bad and location was great. I remember the owners being very picky about the carpet. When people had parties they would cover the entire floor with plastic. This must not be the 'yellow ghetto' people are referring to.