Weiskamp status?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think it's also important to look at the point margin in those games. ISU has blown out its opponents it has beaten, none have really been a close game.

ISU passes the eye test and still has to talented players to integrate and raise the ceiling of the this Cyclones team potential. They move the ball like a seasoned team on offense and I haven't seen ISU have this much defense potential since the Estauschy years. Very nice surprise from a young team missing 4 contributors.

Iowa hasn't looked that much different from last years team to my eyes (slow guard play, turnovers and poor defense rotations resulting in open 3 and layups). Oregon and PITT games in particular showed a lot of those issues but neither team took advantage by hitting the 3's and missing layups resulting in wins.

• Creative
Reactions: casey1973

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Zach McCabe was such a legend. I think this tweet came about because of a shot he took at the end of a close home game when they were down three and he put one up from the top of the key that literally fell what had to have been 4 or 5 feet short of the rim. Almost had to try to shoot a shot that bad.

This tweet and Woodbury shushing his own crowd after a dunk summed up Iowa basketball in the early 2010s.
That would require them to be on the ship in the first place. A "ranked" team playing an in state rival and they can't even sell out?

I really like our chances of winning this game. Unfortunately that makes me nervous. Two years ago, I was thinking there was literally no way our team would lose to them. Of course we had guys tweeting about having special celebrations prepared etc and they went in there and got their asses handed to them. I like where this team is at mentally at this point much more than two years ago, but that L will keep me from being cocky about this game for a long, LONG time.

This. Not confident in this game at all. I was same way two years ago and thought there was no way we would lose and we got our butts kicked. Was not fun being there. If we lose tonight this place is going to be a **** show with how confident some people are. Arizona barely beat uconn which Iowa handled easily. I like making fun of Iowa just as much as the next guy but Iowa isn’t a terrible team. Losing joe should help, but @Thinker is just lowering his expectations so much for the hoks tonight that even if we kick their ass he won’t be disappointed. If they win he’ll be here all night talking ****. Go clones, I’ll be there cheering you on! **** Iowa!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This. Not confident in this game at all. I was same way two years ago and thought there was no way we would lose and we got our butts kicked. Was not fun being there. If we lose tonight this place is going to be a **** show with how confident some people are. Arizona barely beat uconn which Iowa handled easily. I like making fun of Iowa just as much as the next guy but Iowa isn’t a terrible team. Losing joe should help, but @Thinker is just lowering his expectations so much for the hoks tonight that even if we kick their ass he won’t be disappointed. If they win he’ll be here all night talking ****. Go clones, I’ll be there cheering you on! **** Iowa!

Every game stands on it's own. The Zona game was one that a very young team let get away from them. One of their guards started throwing in 25 footers, and that let them come back and ISU did not play very smart at the end. They have improved a lot, even in that short of a time period. If ISU played Zona on a neutral floor again, they would win by 10-15.

Not super concerned about this game. If ISU wins, great, if not, they have played pretty well so far this season without their best player and several freshman making major contributions. In other words, this is still a work in progress team that will be much better in a month. Anyone that is not stoked about this team is just not paying attention.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Has this been confirmed?

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Yeah the transitive property doesn't really work for sports if you ask me. Especially college basketball, where matchups are everything.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Has this been confirmed?
I haven't seen anything that has confirmed this. As I said in an earlier post - I'm assuming he will play (I won't believe otherwise unless I see him in street clothes or a boot before tip off).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah the transitive property doesn't really work for sports if you ask me. Especially college basketball, where matchups are everything.

Also if ISU keeps themselves together they beat Arizona by double digits. Good learning game for a young team.

Tonight will be a good test. Road game vs. a team that's desperate for a win playing out of their minds. Kind of what ISU needs so no complaints if they get beat.

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
Confirm embed that he is not starting tonight on the news. Baer starting.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Confirm embed that he is not starting tonight on the news. Baer starting.

16.7 pts, 3.7 rebounds, 2.8 assists, .9 steals, .4 blocks
7.2 pts, 5.9 rebounds, .7 assists, .7 steals, .9 blocks

vs

10.5 pts, 5.9 rebounds, 1 assist, .9 steals, .6 blocks

Oh please let injured players be an excuse, it'd be so much fun. Wieskamp's stats against non-conf are actually closer to Young's than Wigginton's freshman stats against a full schedule.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Super_Bowl_XLIV_logo-1.png

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Kid grew up in Muscatine loving them Hoks. He's not missing this one

I grew up an Iowa basketball fan in the 80s. Trying to put this nicely but Wieskamp was not as fortunate in the product he saw on the court growing up.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Geez people he's a good player but it's not like it's Zion.

I'm not saying he's great, I'm laughing that 90% of the games against Iowa in football or basketball they have a fake injured star player. You could bet both nuts on it. It's hilarious.

• Creative
Reactions: benjimill