Weird Ad Locations

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I know it’s a busy season, but any chance anyone with power around here able to address this? If the idea is that we’re just wanting to get clients on premium, that’s fine, I’d just like some sort of confirmation so I can figure out how to start the conversation with my wife on if I should get premium or not. It’s incredibly frustrating seeing notifications by your avatar and not being able to click on it because you have an ad the size of Howard Brown immediately blocking it all out.

For the record, I have no issue with other ad placements - it’s how you generate money. But an ad that makes an entire site unable to function seems counterproductive

Reactions: Walden4Prez

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
For the last month or so, it seems like there's a completely invisible ad frame that covers part of the mobile device screen above the actual visible lower ad frame, so then when I go to click "next page" in the forums, it sometimes instead opens up one of set of strange web pages that are either vaguely ad-associated or is the sort of page that is pretending my mobile device has a virus.

This is the only website where I experienced this behavior on my phone.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Also, the ad in the top right of the screen is now back after being gone for a month or so (for me) -- the one that really interferes with navigating the site on mobile.

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
There are no adds on premium....so there's no incentive to fix the issue for the free users

Sure if you only want your current user base. Making is unusable for new users (that wouldn’t be paying yet) probably isn’t a good long term strategy.

• Winner
Reactions: JimDogRock

Help Support Us

Become a patron