We Will Pizza!

Cyclone Timmy

Aug 14, 2023
Might be awhile before it gets to the eastern/NE side of the state. Too many Hok obstacles to overcome in the supply chain network. I don't have a large sample size, but I know for a fact that one of the local Hy-Vee's here in DBQ won't ever carry Ames Lager because the Wine and Spirits Manager is a huge tavern Hok. Then have also heard, but can't confirm with 100% certainty that the Fareway manager here won't allow it in his store either, because he's a Hok. This guerilla type warfare in the supply chain retail world is so bizarre to me. Maybe there is market research to tell them that it wouldn't sell well in this area, otherwise it just seems like sour grapes to me and that you'd be turning away an entire segment of the market you serve.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Might be awhile before it gets to the eastern/NE side of the state. Too many Hok obstacles to overcome in the supply chain network. I don't have a large sample size, but I know for a fact that one of the local Hy-Vee's here in DBQ won't ever carry Ames Lager because the Wine and Spirits Manager is a huge tavern Hok. Then have also heard, but can't confirm with 100% certainty that the Fareway manager here won't allow it in his store either, because he's a Hok. This guerilla type warfare in the supply chain retail world is so bizarre to me. Maybe there is market research to tell them that it wouldn't sell well in this area, otherwise it just seems like sour grapes to me and that you'd be turning away an entire segment of the market you serve.
Actually the ONLY place I have seen Ames Lager in Dubuque is at HyVee.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Gluten free is also available in several of these...it is good. (Ankeny Oralabor)
Didn’t find any gluten free options at the HyVee at LW and Grand. However, they did have several other regular flavors. Bought some to take up north, as well as a large stack to drop off at my boys’ fraternity house.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

If I found that I had to be in one of those stores, I would stop by every time to ask about it from various folks, both Wine & Spirits and the main counter. They need to know that they are missing sales.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Had the meat lovers tonight I'd place it above the sausage mushroom. The garlic cheese one is something fun and different though. They are pretty darn good frozen pizzas. With the # of people trying them, they should be a pretty decent fund raiser for We Will. @brentblum are the in Ames yet or still the Ankeny area?

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Fill up a cart, and ask where the Ames Lager is. When they tell you they don’t carry it, leave the full cart behind and walk out. Repeat until they start stocking it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Fill up a cart, and ask where the Ames Lager is. When they tell you they don’t carry it, leave the full cart behind and walk out. Repeat until they start stocking it.

Maybe first ask if they will special order Ames Lager for you. If not, leave the cart behind.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Had the sausage mushroom last night added my own pepperoni and olives. Nice and cheesy like the flavor of the sauce. These are worth getting. They cost more than the bottom tier frozen pizza but are pretty darn good.
And they will help us get OL and post players!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Finally got to try some I picked up in Ankeny. Had the Sausage/mushroom.

Cheese and ingredients were great, loved the ingredients more than almost any frozen pizzas anywhere. The crust? Eh, I get that it is thin crust and I don't mind that style, but it was PAPER thin. Just my two cents.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa

Cheese and ingredients were great, loved the ingredients more than almost any frozen pizzas anywhere. The crust? Eh, I get that it is thin crust and I don't mind that style, but it was PAPER thin. Just my two cents.
Try and Gluten Free one the crust is thicker and excellent. Just don't take too many I'm selfish that way :)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

That'd be about identical to my review as well. Would love a bit more substance to the crust.

• Agree
Reactions: CyByrd

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
That is a big red flag in my house unfortunately as my kids despise anything that has the slightest hint of being burnt.